X

The Poker Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poker Run

So- today was the poker run. I know some other people got some pics- but these are the only half-decent ones from my phone.

On a related note- this being my first poker run, I'll say this; it must be more fun to ride short distances at slow speeds if you drink beer. I don't drink and ride so I think I might have missed some of the appeal. But it was VERY cool to just kinda hang out and BS with other KRs. Well, SVRs too I guess, heh.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

I should'a just rode about in my truck, behind yall...
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Like I said- we did minimal actual riding. I'd guess maybe 100 miles tops, maybe someone else actually watched their ODO, but I didn't. There was a guy in a purple dune buggy thing.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Here are some picture from our camera:

From left to right: Pa Kat, Free Coffee, Stan (non-KR member yet), my wife, me (Cheriff)

Just like Free Coffee, this was my first poker run too. I don't know if they are all like this, but the actual riding left a lot to be desired. The longest ride between stops was something like 30 minutes and the pace was probably a little slow but since I was 2-up it wasn' too bad for us. Overall it was a good time even though the weather flirted with us all day. It ranged from good sunshine to "heavy sprinkles" on the way home. I will definitely do another one, but now that I no what they are all about I can go into it with the right mindset.
        Last edited by Cheriff; 07-20-2009, 06:51 PM.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

I'd add a few of mine to the mix, but honestly, mine look a lot like yours Cheriff. Just like the other guys, this was my wife and I's first poker run as well. The weather was -decent- but could've treated us a little better LoL. The pace was slow, but honestly, I did expect that out of a poker run, even not being to one. We had a great time talking to other Kat owners(And their wife. Cyndi enjoyed talking to another nurse). I got some great ideas for mine now. Also, on another note, Cyndi did NOT kill me for the money spent So, I MIGHT be able to make the next ride/rally/run. Anywho, thanks for letting us know about this, great time for a wonderful cause!

God Bless.

-Mike(&Cyndi)-
          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
          2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Working...
          X