X

good deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good deal

i went and test drove this today and it ran pretty good.....idle was set at 2k though......the body is a little rough the pictures show the cracks on the left side.the right side is missing i believe 1 or 2 screws i cant remember.....he hasnt checked the valves in the 4 months he has owned it...said it needs an oil change. theres a small tear in the seat. transmission shifts very good(havent found one yet that does) The rear brake squeeks. is this common? not to worried cause my gs500's rear brakes squeek all the time. Tires have good tread. rear sprocket looked good. i didnt check the front. Im going to go test ride it again tomorrow. anything else i should look for or ask? it has around 13k miles. i couldnt see any rust in the tank, but i couldn't see very well cause i forgot a flashlight. Is this a alright deal or should i keep lookin?

It's not a "deal" per say, but I don't your getting ripped if you pay near what he's asking. Probably just needs some general care.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If your not in a hurry, you may want to look around some more. I decided I wanted a Katana, and looked at a lot of them before I found one in good condition. The first 5-6 were solid, but needed some sort of work to be nice. After a few weeks, I found one that needed almost nothing to be perfect, and it was only $300 more than the worst of the others.

Of course, if you want a bike that you do not have to worry about so much, you could save a few bucks buying one that has some cosmetic issues. I think it really depends on how nice you want your bike to be?

The funny thing is, eventhough mine was in really good shape, I still felt like I had to "fix it up" a bit, so I just spent a few hundred more buying small stuff like new footpeg rubbers, EBC pads, and a fresh set of Z6's so I know what I am riding on.

For what it's worth, I got my pre 750 for $1600, and it is as perfect as could be for it's age.

Comment

Thats not a "deal", in fact it appears to be overpriced to me. From the cosmetic look of the bike I would walk him down 30-40% on the price if I was interested.

Comment

Sounds neglected. I'd walk away unless he comes down a good deal on the price.
          sigpic
          »Ross Wendell
          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

he seems desperate to sell. so low ball him. offer him like 1k or 1100
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Cash talks (seriously). I've bought cars for almost half price because I showed up, looked at the vehicle and pulled out a pile a $50 bills. I'd personally bring $1000 tops.
              sigpic
              »Ross Wendell
              »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I'd agree, it's overpriced. thats a $1000 bike.

for reference there's a very nice looking '93 750 on the Kansas City CL section for $1300 (was just listed today). http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1271143926.html
                Granted, it's older, but all pre Kats are the same, so what does the year matter?

I'm not even sure if $1300 is a steal....it needs a little help also. But it kinda shows you what you could get. $1500 is too much for a beater katana that needs attention.

Comment

well i offered him $1000 and he turned it down.....so tomorow im going to go look at a 1998 bandit 600....thats the technically the same bike right? just no fairing? and no clip ons?

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
                    Cash talks (seriously). I've bought cars for almost half price because I showed up, looked at the vehicle and pulled out a pile a $50 bills. I'd personally bring $1000 tops.

Or pull the old cashiers check lowball...

Comment

Working...
                    X