X

Air Cleaner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Cleaner

So, I'm looking at the airbox for the bike as right now I have pod filters (absolute crap). I'm about to buy one from a fellow member here on KR and I just have a couple questions.

Looking at that, I see a hose that goes up...where is it supposed to go? It's number 10 on the fiche...it says breather hose so I'm assuming that it just attaches to the frame right?

Also, I currently have a Stage 3 jet kit (PO) with 130 mains...it's nice but with the pod filters it runs really lean and the RPMs will hang at 3000 RPM then go down to 2100 for awhile before finally dropping down to like 500 (bike idles surprisingly well at 500 for awhile). I've heard that the pod filters allow too much air and that the stock airbox adds more resistance so my question is, with the stock airbox will I have solved my idle problem but created a problem when I am at WOT or just accelerating?

I'm assuming I could just move the clips on the needles but the main jet is the main jet and I nothing can really be done about that short of replacing it. I think that the main jet is a 130.

Thanks,
    -Duo Maxwell
    Ride on, CyberPoet. You will be sorely missed.

Hose (#10) goes to the breather cover on top of the valve cover.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
      So, I'm looking at the airbox for the bike as right now I have pod filters (absolute crap). I'm about to buy one from a fellow member here on KR and I just have a couple questions.

Looking at that, I see a hose that goes up...where is it supposed to go? It's number 10 on the fiche...it says breather hose so I'm assuming that it just attaches to the frame right?

Also, I currently have a Stage 3 jet kit (PO) with 130 mains...it's nice but with the pod filters it runs really lean and the RPMs will hang at 3000 RPM then go down to 2100 for awhile before finally dropping down to like 500 (bike idles surprisingly well at 500 for awhile). I've heard that the pod filters allow too much air and that the stock airbox adds more resistance so my question is, with the stock airbox will I have solved my idle problem but created a problem when I am at WOT or just accelerating?

I'm assuming I could just move the clips on the needles but the main jet is the main jet and I nothing can really be done about that short of replacing it. I think that the main jet is a 130.

Thanks,
      -Duo Maxwell
      Stock box may not solve the problem, or add alot of other issues due to the stage 3 kit. Too much fuel for anything but racing machines to be honest. The amount of fuel the stage 3 kits push out pretty much needs the pod filters. Your a/f screws should probably be turned out around 4 or 4.5 turns for idle. Sometimes the air pilot jets are drilled to help with this as well.

Before you proceed, dertermine what it is YOU want from the bike performance wise, ride wise, and in general how your going to ride it.

If your gonna do alot of road racing/track work and not much around town riding or speed limit cruising... work with tuning what you have.

If you want more relaxed riding, able to ride it around town with no issues, but once in a while still able to get on it a little... get rid of the stage 3, go back to a stage 1 and the stock box.

If your mainly cruising and looking for long distance and good mpg with a smooth ride... go back mostly stock entirely.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X