No announcement yet.
X

1st ticket on the kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang you beat me....i was 81 in a 45. only difference i probably was going that fast, but depending on where the cop says i actually did it. but i sure didn't feel like 81.

man this last ticket was the first time i ever heard of no point tickets and prayer for judgement.

here in wv you pay, you really pay. i know of some judging giving you the no ticket for the next year and this slides, but there is no provisions in the law for anything but pay up. 15+ could possibly get you jail time if the cop feels like it, it is an offense that warrants arrest...or atleast they think it warrants it.

i'd say it was road condition if their back roads are like their interstate. ha ha

good luck with it man. doesn't hurt to atleast show up and fight, all he can say is no.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post
      He doesn't know the difference between you and a flip-flop wearing "Gixxer" frat boy.

I'd just like to say that I take personal offense to this, being the president of a fraternity. Please don't put down things like being in a fraternity just because of a stereotype that you have.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmaro View Post
        I'd just like to say that I take personal offense to this, being the president of a fraternity. Please don't put down things like being in a fraternity just because of a stereotype that you have.
        would you carry the same passion if he said flip flop wearing kat rider?

i never joined a frat and had quite a bit of things against them myself with some of my friends, but i wasn't a member or felt i needed to be in a frat, so i just must not have got it.

i'd find it hard to believe that your frat has never fueled any frat stereotype, but your frat could be the exception and I emplore you guys for that, that would be a frat i would have been willing to look into pledging.

but that guy meant no harm by his comments, as he was probably posing a sterotype that a cop would have and give some encurragement to the original poster

besides he could have been saying all frat boys wear flip flops and ride gixxers or all people that wear flip flops and ride gixxers are frat boys.....he could have been talking about frat boys, gixxer riders or flip flop wearers
        Last edited by BarMatt80; 07-14-2009, 11:08 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
          would you carry the same passion if he said flip flop wearing kat rider?
          I understand your question and where you are coming from with your post. I consider being a KR member and a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity to be a little different however. I plan on being a member of KR for a long time, even after I end up getting rid of my Katana (if I don't keep it forever), and greatly appreciated all of the help I've gotten from fellow KR members.

However .....

For anyone that stereotypes "fratboys", feel free to stop reading now.

When I pledged my fraternity in the spring of 2008, I took an oath on three things.

Love, that binds our hearts with the sturdy chords of fraternal affection.
          Charity, that is impulsive to see virtues in a brother and slow to reprove his faults.
          Esteem, that is respectful to the honest convictions of others and that refrains from treading upon that which is sacred to spirit and conscience.

That is part of our creed. I believe that joining a fraternity is one of the best decisions I've made in my life, and I've already noticed that it has given me more experience and opportunities than any other type of involvement, not to mention the lifelong brotherhood that comes with it. It has helped me to succeed in school, as well as various other aspects of life. I take great pride in being a member of my fraternity, and just ask that others respect what they don't know, as I try to do to others.

**Please, for anyone that doesn't care to respect my position, please don't respond negatively**

Comment

My earlier rant over, I'm really glad you came out of the entire episode with just a ticket... But please, get the bike checked and get some real training to improve your skills

Originally posted by mdmaro View Post
            When I pledged my fraternity in the spring of 2008, I took an oath on three things.
            The need for young males to cluster into groups with strong in-group/out-group identities is a well known social phenomena, and is often utilized by organizational leaders to accomplish things that tend to float above the heads of newly joined...

I, too, joined a very special fraternity at one point too -- one that was over 200 years old and has had more members that you can ever imagine... but unlike your oath, mine required that I promise to uphold the Constitution, the orders of the president of the United States and his appointed officers, and defend the country against all enemies -- foreign and domestic

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X