X

Question from an idiot....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from an idiot....

ok..... So my bike is in the garage and I inadvertantly kicked a dolly which somehow to my amazement chopped my kickstand out from under my bike and it droped on its left side. amazingly, the only damage was to a mirror..... or so i thought.

I wanted to move the bike so I cranked it over. it started fine. I then a few minutes later tried to start it and nothing happens. no turnover or anything. I noticed what might be a little bit of gas on the floor dripping off of the bike, .... a very small amount of gas odor also. my clutch lever was slightly bent...i noticed this after I had started it the first time, and then I bent it back....that is when it wouldnt start again..

Please one of you kat gurus help me out here. I know it isnt much to go on....but I am stumped.

thanks

Check the clutch safety switch. It is located near the pivot point of the clutch lever. My bet is that it is no longer making contact when you pull the lever in. You can search for it on the sight. Seems like someone weekly has a problem that is related to this.

Comment

An answer from an idiot:
      Well sorta... The gas is pretty common to see after dropping the bike.
      Do the lights come on when you turn the key or are those dead now too?
      If the lights and gague lights come on, do they go out when you press the starter button?
      Is there a click when you press the starter button?
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

+1 on the clutch switch!
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

no click. yes lights come on. Im going to check the clutch lever contact. thanks for your quick responses. I cant believe that I just did that.

YOU GUYS RULE!!! clutch switch it is. I wiggled it a little and it fired up. thanks very much. I just bought those mirrors too... Im going to get a black sharpie and put a big capital "T" on my forehead .... for TOOL. thanks again

the only positive in this situation is I am getting it painted next week... at least it happened before.
          Last edited by fightersalley; 07-14-2009, 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

take a good look at the lever also , usually they just break off
            If you where able to bend back I would bet it is hanging by a thread
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

glad it was a liitle thing and not big

Comment

Working...
              X