X

GPS Finally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Finally

Well today I finally mounted my GPS unit to my bike. It was alot easier than I thought. I just used a Marine Grade power outlet and wired it to my ignition. It works perfectly.

I get to really test it this weekend. My GF and I are staying in a cabin in Gatlinburg and we plan on coming to the rally on sat.

Anybody else using GPS on their bikes?

I would be using mine if I could find the damn thing.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have a garmin Quest waterproof motorcycle GPS. Dont know how I ever lived without it.
      Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

theres nothin like knowing where ya goin at a glance I luv mine!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Wife picked up a Garmin... no clue the model... touch screen..

It's great when I'm out and we suddently have a specific need to go somewhere from where we are... but ussually I'm out randomly picking a route as I go.

It's not uncommon at all for me to ask myself... "hrm, wonder where this road goes?... " Just before turning off down it and going.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

This one: Garmin 60csx

Attached to handle bar

Its water proof....errrr beer proof
            Last edited by LandoCommando; 07-13-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I have a GPS, but I do not use it on the bike..I take a paper map with me. No failure with a paper map (unless you soak it in kero, or destroy it)
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I am pretty good in the daylight without GPS, but it rocks in the dark
                Never used it on the bike
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

i have a TOM TOM ONE i use on my kat all the time
                  97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                  94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Tom Tom Rider on mine and use it all the time.
                    2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                    2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

I had a tom tom ( not the rider) it got wet adn died. Now I use waterproof. I have the Quest and the cradle is hardwired thru a controlled fuse block. I t comes on when the bike key is on and goes off when i shut off the bike. I usually keep the GPS on my niughtstand till I make a long trip, Thenit just snaps on adn powers up. The quest is alos internal battery powered so you can take it inside when you stop and program a route.
                      Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

I've been outting this mod off all summer.....guess I'll get around to doing it at some point.
                        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

And the winner of the oldest damned GPS mounted/wired on a motorcycle is:

"Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                          X