Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I've been told that my bike has character now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been told that my bike has character now...

Well, this is my experience at the gap. I dropped my bike. I was going over to visit the Canadians, (didnt want Range to get lonely) and as I got off the bike, my foot hit gravel and well the bike started going and then over it went. Dammit! Of course it had to happen in front of about 7 people. All the canadians of course. Didnt I feel like an embarassed arse. So now I have a few scratches that several folks have told me give the bike character.
    I will say that I didnt ride to much after that. I was very intimidated by all the roads up there. As everyone knows I am very new to riding and with the roads being very wet most of the time, I just didnt feel comfortable. Also after that late night ride in the fog, with shield up eatin bugs at 10mph around curvy wet roads, my confidence was a little shaken. I will get better it will just take some time. By the way, Thanks Zleviticus for sticking with me during the photo shoot to keep everyone off my rear. I was a nervous wreck during that. You made it easier. Everyone I met this past weekend was really great. I couldnt ask for a better bunch to spend time with. I cant wait til next year.

Yes it does have character now and you've joined the damage club. There was what 4 canadians with character marks by the end of the week.
    It was great meeting you both, hope to see you next year.

Hey T, at least your bike didn't fall off a trailer.

Comment

well i figure i was used to seeing everyone elses tail lights all week what was one more set.. at least yours was better to look at..

Who else would protect you .. your bubbie was too busy showing off for the camera..
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Yep, mine ended up with a character mark too. Note to self, never try and save cheap american beer if it starts to fall. Just let it go.

Btw, thanks for parking your trailer there sexwax.

Comment

Re: I've been told that my bike has character now...

Don't sweat it...it happens to everyone sooner or later. All it takes is a split second of inattention. When you combine the amount of people by the amount of riding and on wet unfamiliar twisties it's actually surprising that it didn't happen more. Feeling intimidated is a good way maintain riding within your bounds...don't worry about that, it's a commendable trait.
          Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

You call it character

I call it theft insurance.

Comment

Did the Canadians laugh at you T? I can take care of them for ya!

Good for you for trying the roads down there -its intimidating for even the most experienced riders.

I took the dragon slow myself. I went with Junior. He was already off his bike taking pictures before I got to the last turn

Wish I was there, we could have puttttted along together
              Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

You did great, I was fixin to keep an eye on ya during the shoot too!!

Seriously though, you did fine riding up there, those roads can be a challenge for experienced riders, let alone inexperienced. Props to you for doing the riding that you did!

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                  Who else would protect you .. your bubbie was too busy showing off for the camera..
                  I was not showing off for the camera's I would never do something like that I promise I would never ever ever show off for the camera's

Yes I am very proud of the fact that she actually rode her bike while we were there and not let it sit. I did tell her if she wanted to do that and just ride with me all weekend it was ok. It only took one pass though during the photoshoot for her say OK I AM DONE let me off.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Do not worry about it. I would not even say that it was your fault. The drive was trashed. For a place that caters to motorcycles they should have better parking spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                      Do not worry about it. I would not even say that it was your fault. The drive was trashed. For a place that caters to motorcycles they should have better parking spaces.
                      Exactly.

T.... ALL OF US nearly lost it in that damn driveway. Very crappy entrance/exit for bikes.

We were all proud to hear you made it back from Robinsville in the rain AND fog! None of the rest of us ventured out after dark. THAT'S something to be proud of!

Comment

I was told that eventually everyone drops their bike. (wich I did just two weeks after I got it with the wife on the back!) glad you had a good time. btw we are neighbors I don't know if Jimmy mentioned it or not but I only live a couple miles away. hopefully we can all get together for a ride soon

Comment

Don't feel bad. WHen I dropped mine, I had a hot nurse on the back. Man did I feel like a arse.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

T you did an excellent Job...and as Junior said we all almost lost it on that driveway.

And as for your riding.....at one point you went so fast I had to replace the sticky-on mohawk to your helmet......you did great!!!
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Don't feel bad. WHen I dropped mine, I had a hot nurse on the back. Man did I feel like a arse.
                              Male nurse?

Comment

Working...
                              X