No announcement yet.
X

Over confident or comfy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh yes .. PUCKER moments .. have had a couple of those in quick turns.
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Thats probably why I luv my GPS sooo much. I usually dont carve around in the areas im not familiar with. But when I am out n about with the boyz in a strange area I always have a clear heads up right in front of my face as to what is ahead. Gives me great confidence knowing I can pay attention more to the traffic and road conditions rather then worryin how the next corner will look when I get there.
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
        Ahh yes .. PUCKER moments .. have had a couple of those in quick turns.
        Pucker Moments...I love it.

Comment

I think thats one of the main reasons I luv my GPS sooo much. I try not to carve around in the unfamiliar areas to begin with. But having that lil heads up as to what the roads are looking like up ahead right in my face really helps me to pay more attention to traffic and the road conditions at hand rather then worryin what the next corner is gonna look like. It really helps to releave those "Pucker Moments" when your comming out of a corner and never see the hidden side street that cage just appeared from! It kinda reminds me of the mini map on most racing games as to the track layout and your position on it!
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

The problem with smooth operator is guys when they first hit it (typically 2nd - 3rd year of riding) -- they start thinking they're invincible because it comes so naturally, and they're not necessarily ready for the pucker moment when it happens (still reverting to panic-reactions if things suddenly go wrong).
            This is typically 2nd-3rd year smooth is also where that false sense of being a better rider than others comes from...

If you've just hit smooth operator (or just hit it again), do yourself a favor and do some reinforcement work for panic scenarios (practice hard braking in a clear/safe area, etc.) and vary it up some with additional threats (mid-corner course change to a tighter-arc while shedding speed, etc.). This is not to say push it to the point you'll wreck, but go out of your way to get in some panic-scenario practice again.

As for me, I'm back into the learning curve of the new ride -- after 8 years on 98+ kats, I'm having to learn all over again for the ZX-14 (esp. finer nuances like super-fine throttle control vs. sneezing or a dip in the road -- yup, it's that touchy).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X