X

Starting Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Issues

I got a new starter, solenoid, and a new battery. Charged the battery up and replaced all the power and ground wires between the battery and starter. Tell me why its still doing the same thing. Just clicking and wont turn the morot over and i know its not locked up. What am i doing wrong is the starter not mounted right???????HELP MEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

well not being an electrical guru on bikes ,but when this happened in my car i just made sure all the connections were good ( a few were loose or rusty ) and she fired right up . you have to go through everything especially on an old bike .

Comment

Yea i thought that i had already did. But ill go back and check again.

Comment

Just Gatherd this info. After i charged the battery and tried to crank it...it kills that battery???? Is this because its not charged up enought or is this a bad battery???

Comment

How long are you charging the battery? If it is fully charged it shouldnt kill it right away.

I had something similar happen with the kids quads. Bought a new battery for each, charged them only like 5 hours. The cranks twice and died. Only after a full night of charging did they have enough juice to crank it.
          2006 Suzuki Katana 750
          2008 Kawasaki KX250F
          2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
          1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Ok thanks. Ill let it charge over night and if it still does the same thing then im going to get another one sense this one has a 1yr warranty.

Comment

Check the ground at the starter. Sounds like you're shorting out there.

Comment

it also could be a dead short kinda deal try to see if every wire is good.... not shorting where it should not..... good luck!

Comment

Ok i let it charge about 6.5 hours and its still doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 91katana_750 View Post
                    Ok i let it charge about 6.5 hours and its still doing the same thing.
                    Dumb question, but did you put the acid in the battery when you bought it (or have the dude at the autoparts store do it)?
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                    2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                    2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                    1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

on machines this old the wiring connections that are exposed or fastened with screws , nuts , bolts get dirty or corroded fast . i wire brush em clean then use dielectric grease on them . usually does the trick .

Comment

I had to put acid in it. Im going to reclean all the connections towmorrow. Charged it up and all the acid boiled out so when i was at school today i put somemore in there and now its on the charger again.

Comment

umm, i don't think acid should've bubbled out . then you said you had to put acid in ? i'd just get one of those pre filled ones that you just hook up to the bike . they come ready to use .

Comment

I guess ill just get another battery.

Comment

I just took my test light and tested my ground at the starter and it was good and so was all the other places. So whats the deal???

Comment

Working...
                              X