No announcement yet.
X

weeeeeeeee!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow i had a 30/35 mph high side with less damage did it hit some thing along the way?
    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Originally posted by dragoncutlery View Post
      wow i had a 30/35 mph high side with less damage did it hit some thing along the way?
      Originally posted by Topper5791 View Post
      Glad you'r ok, you've bent the left handle bar, but all of the damage is on the right side. How'd that happen??

i know! right?

i remember watching it slide out from under me on its right side, before i started tumbling. i believe near the end it clunked over to the other side and stopped. it broke both left footpegs and bent the left handlebar.

good news is, i have a new left footpeg and handlebar. waiting for my clutch pedal deal to come through. i drove it around in first gear last night.

i think imma repair the fairings and repaint.

i am worried i might have damage the tail sub-frame, though. i am not sure what to do about it, i dont remember it after the crash, only after i transported the bike, so I might have ratcheted the tie downs to the tail a little hard.. i was worried about the saftey of my baby..
      joey b.

Comment

this game isn't fun anymore!

bah humbug!
        joey b.

Comment

what exactly is twisted? wich parts? any way i can help i let me know. i have a welder and a torch? i cant ell from the picture what exactly is going on. im pretty handy with steel.

Comment

Rear subframe is twisted. Just bend it back the best you can.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Glad you made it!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Sorry to hear about your spill, as long as you can walk away from it.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

glad your ok!!

Comment

Any landing you can walk away from .....

Glad U-R Good
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by kharma View Post
                      this game isn't fun anymore!

bah humbug!

kharma that looks just like what happened to my bike, and mine was written off by the insurance company. I would have tried to fix it myself, but for my distinct lack of mechanical talent. So I bit the bullet and took the man's cash!!!
                      Hope you have more luck!!!

Comment

4 foot breaker bar and a friend.... have that back straight in a couple of mins.

Krey
                        Last edited by Kreylyn; 07-11-2009, 07:17 AM.
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

keeps us posted. if ya need some help im off sunday?
                          shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

if nothing else is bad twist it back (that's the hard part still trying to get my head light/instruments angled the way they used to be) maybe ratchet strap to some thing solid ......hmmmm i have a small tree that would work for mine hehe that will fix it
                            voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                            82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                            83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Just FYI (might be outside your price-range, but still KR members should know it exists, esp before they write-off a totalled bike):
                              There are outfits out there running the Max Scheibner IR+Camera-jig or the Fero laser-jig systems' bike solutions that can straighten any motorcycle frame. These rigs aren't so special in that they use lasers/IR beams to measure, or that they can straighten bike frames automatically, but in that the software tied into the system already has the correct frame measurements for most of the bikes on the market, and thus already "knows" where each segment should be. If you have one of these outfits anywhere within a couple hundred miles of you, it might be worth it to call and get a price

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i like that idea but im a cheapy. i m o thats extra money for piece of mind. some will pay it and some wont(depends on how perfect you need it to be for you). me if i can get a friend with the same bike to come over and let me measure (not hard most of the time) off his/or her known good bike and mine measures up pretty close im not gonna worry. if the bike doesnt even track straight i'll scrap the frame and buy a used one if feasable (some bikes arent worth the effort). good to let people know that is an option thou so they can make the decsion themself good looking out cyber
                                Last edited by jonathanmaples; 07-11-2009, 12:38 AM.
                                shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

Working...
                                X