X

Another Potential Kat owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Potential Kat owner

Hey guys sry if this is a repost.. Ive been looking for a bike for a lil over a yr now and could never find a really good deal. A guy i work with said his neighbor is selling a 1989 Suzuki 600 but he wasnt sure what it exactly was. I asked him if it was a sport bike and he said yes. So i did some research and came to the conclusion that it must be a Katana. My question is, this is going to be my first bike. Im 6'5" about 210lbs. Would this be a good bike for me. I havent gotten the chance to go see it but he only wants 600 for it and it has new tires, turn signal and a whole bunch of stuff but it doesnt run. He thinks the carbs are blocked

I think the bike will be comfortable for considering your height. The Katana is a sport touring so you'll be sitting more upright rather then hunched over like a crotch rocket. I'm only 6 feet and I was insanely uncomfortable on my buddies CBR (no offence to CBR lovers/owners, its a great bike though)
    As far as not knowing what it is for sure check the vin plate and the name make and model should all be there, if not heck, run the vin number through carfax.com.
    Also 600 is a steal if your willing to put a little extra bucks and some elbow grease into getting her running.

Good luck and welcome to KR!
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

at 6'5 a Kat will fit you better than most except for maybe a dual sport. if you are comfortable on it the Kat makes a good first bike. as for that particular bike it's hard to say without it running. there are other much more knowledgeable people here who can comment. i believe there is a sticky on things to look for when buying a used Kat.

Comment

The guy that owns it now had all that work done to it and had a really close call and he stopped riding.. The bike sat for 2 years that much i do know...I should know by tomorrow what it exactly is and what shape it is in..As far as what to look for..My brother was big into bikes so im bringing him with me,

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
          I think the bike will be comfortable for considering your height. The Katana is a sport touring so you'll be sitting more upright rather then hunched over like a crotch rocket. I'm only 6 feet and I was insanely uncomfortable on my buddies CBR (no offence to CBR lovers/owners, its a great bike though)
          As far as not knowing what it is for sure check the vin plate and the name make and model should all be there, if not heck, run the vin number through carfax.com.
          Also 600 is a steal if your willing to put a little extra bucks and some elbow grease into getting her running.

Good luck and welcome to KR!
          money and elbow grease is nothing. im always working on cars so a bike couldnt be that much worse

Comment

Working...
          X