X

survival kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• survival kit

we all know about wearing the right gear in case we go down while enjoying our hobby , but what i'm interested in is what if you break down in the middle of nowhere . what are the bare essentials you need to make it back home . remember we're on bikes not cars so we obviously cant carry too much . also keep in mind wild animals , dogs , and the occasional serial killer . ( just kidding )

Well, I carry a small pouch with a set of metric sockets, a small socket wrench, a medium socket wrench, a multimeter, needle nose pliars, assorted allen wrenches, a small crescent wrench, a flashlight, and a screw driver. So far, that has covered 99% of my needs even when working on my bike at home.

Comment

You can consolidate a bunch of those tools with a Craftsman multi-tool with the locking (vise-grip style) needle nose pliers. Instead of a flashlight, I like a LED headlamp. Plenty of light and both hands free.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

multi-tool and a 9mm for the wild animals and potential serial killer.

Comment

Mulit key of allen wrenches always helps and their usually pretty tiny
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

Here is a nice little kit that Cyber had recommended once.http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=59695

I hear everyon talk about roadside break down kits but no one seems to talk about first aid. Do anyone have first aid items they carry?
            -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
            sigpic

Comment

All i need is a plug kit. Bike comes with a tool pouch. can stab a bear with the plug kit. I have also had 2 flats in 1000 miles...
              ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

suzuki tool kit and cell phone
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I carry the number to Northeast Cycle Towing...

Comment

+10000000
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                      Here is a nice little kit that Cyber had recommended once.http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=59695

I hear everyon talk about roadside break down kits but no one seems to talk about first aid. Do anyone have first aid items they carry?
                      There's several riders in our local group that being a med bag on every group ride. They carry an assortment of different bandages (2x2's, 4x4's etc), Sam splints, sterile wipes, gauze, self sticking Coban, ibuprofin , CPR mask, etc. I've thought about transfering all my first responder stuff into my tankbag, which has more than the other guys carry, including a blood pressure cuff self sealing chest wound bandages and more, but then i wouldn't have enough room to fit everything the wife thinks she has to take with her to survive for a day lol..
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

small set of metric wrenches
                        multi bit screwdriver
                        small wd-40 spray can snd alen keys
                        and multi-meter
                        i have made a small compartment under the passenger seat
                        its much bigger than the original

Comment

Are there any small tire inflation kits out there? I'm guessing you could hook it up to your battery.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by acraze View Post
                            Are there any small tire inflation kits out there? I'm guessing you could hook it up to your battery.
                            www.jpcycle.com has small co2 kits available
                            Joker
                            The newest addition to the Family!
                            sigpic
                            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

great suggestions !! i'm gonna get a tool setup ready that'll fit under the seat . of course they'll be a large knife included there at the ready .

Comment

Working...
                              X