X

Anybody use these????.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use these????.....

This is somthing I have been looking at to get. Looks cool and not too big just the size I need.....just wanted to know if anyone out there has used these on their kat. So do the magnets hold the tank at all speeds, bumps and turns????? Seems a little improbable to me without any straps....but they say the magnets are very powerful.....hmmmmm maybe..... . Anyways any info would be appreciated.

By the way I am particularly asking about the MANTA BAG....on the extreme Left.......looks like a fish or sumthing.

Keep riding YO......

This is the tank bag I have ..

I have had no problems yet.
    Stays in place over large bumps, and high speeds(100+) never moves.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I wore out my JR tank bag/backpack. It sticks REALLY well. (never moved when I was railing at the Gap

There is a strap that goes around your steering head.

A+++ BUT paper clips, staples, etc tend to stick to it at work. beware.
      Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

I have this one

and I've never had it slip at all. The only drawback is iron shavings will stick to the magnet and can scratch your tank. I have a couple little gouges where the magnets sit from this.
        2001 Katana 600
        1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
        2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

I once had a pebble get stuck under the magnets and it spent the rest of the day scratching my tank. Those scratches are now hidden by a Suzuki decal!!!

Comment

+1 on the Nelson Rigs bag. I have used it fully loaded with out any problems.

Comment

+3 on the nelson rigg that is what i have and love it
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

i use a motoboss tank bag but i also have a full bra on my bike
                The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

I use a tank bag and love it.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I got tanked and used a old bag

Comment

oh man. do we have to have that talk with you nitro?

I was looking at the mantra too. It looks a lot more sleek than the other ones. And, it looks like my mp3 player will fit perfectly in that cellphone pocket .

Comment

I like the Icon bag for the helmet carrier and backpack straps since they would work GREAT for school. Also it would match the rest of my ICON gear.

Then again I'll be done with school in December so maybe i'd be better off gettigns the Nelson bag which appears to be much cheaper.
                        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I use a cortech bag, I like it because because it is blue and matches my bike, never has moved or offered to come off at high speeds.
                          2000 Kat 600
                          "Fast Blue"
                          Pic in Profile

Comment

I just ordered the Joe Rocket Mantra (Black/Black), so I'll let you know what its like when it comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                              I like the Icon bag for the helmet carrier and backpack straps since they would work GREAT for school. Also it would match the rest of my ICON gear.

Then again I'll be done with school in December so maybe i'd be better off gettigns the Nelson bag which appears to be much cheaper.

I've been out of school for 10 years and I still find that pack to be useful. Hell i take it with me even when i'm not riding. It makes a great general purpose backpack. I can keep 2 days worth of clothes in the main and assorted junk in the side pockets. Even when i'm not carring stuff i'll keep the bag on just incase i happen to stop at Best Buy it also makes a great pad for laying on the tank when it's empty.
                              2001 Katana 600
                              1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
                              2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

Working...
                              X