Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Do I really need both front sprocket dampers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really need both front sprocket dampers?

So the inner damper and plate are all chewed up (Items #44+45 here: http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...p/TRANSMISSION). Can I just put the outer set (which is still good) on the inside to keep the sprocket alignment correct and then just not have an outer damper or is this just asking for trouble? I suspect there's an excellent reason for not doing this, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

My 750 doesnt use either damper, and the spacer should keep the sprocket in alignment. But Im no expert.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Well I'll be, the 750 doesn't have them. I guess I'll just use the one good one that I have and call it a day.
      sigpic
      »Ross Wendell

Comment

they arent that much, just a couple of bucks, go get it and make the bike run right

the dampeners make sure the sprocket and the chain doesnt "dance" around while spinning at the high speeds it does...

i actually want to get a set to grind them down so i can use the 13t sprocket i bought a while back.
        97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
        94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

The cost isn't the problem, getting them fast enough is. I'm doing the work at my parents' house in CT and I need to ride back to MA on Tuesday. None of the local dealers stock the parts and the local bike salvage yard is closed Sundays and Mondays.
          sigpic
          »Ross Wendell

Comment

If you only are going to use one set, use it on the inside (the one that keeps the spacing away from the engine block). I'd advise using both if they're feasible at all. Replace when you can.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X