X

Potential Katana owner, help me out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Katana owner, help me out!

I am looking at a 1989 kat 600. not in perfect condition 30000 miles but seems to run good.
    needs new rear tire
    needs oil chance
    needs chain and sprocket
    needs right mirror and turn signal lense

bike also has aftermarket dual yoshi exhaust

other than the obvious dumping of the bike (seems like low speed or driveway dump) it is in pretty good condition

any pointers or suggestions on how much it is worth?

or URLs to where i can get some of the needed stuff?

thanks!

<$1000

Tire- $130
    Chain and sprockets- $120ish
    Oil- $20
    Mirror and lens- $50 combined

If it has dual exhaust, it's not aftermarket. Unless the owner welded two Yosh cans onto the factory pipes.

I'd offer $800 and be willing to go to $1k if he really wouldn't go lower.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

<$300

That's what I paid for mine in similar condition except mine didn't need a mirror, signal, or rear tire.
      sigpic
      »Ross Wendell
      »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

no, the exhaust is aftermarket (yoshi team racing) sounds nice though =]
        and is 30k really high? aka should i even bother with it? other than the stated problems seems to run pretty smooth, don't think that the carbs even need cleaning, probably some Cfoam or something just to be safe

Comment

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle

Comment

NADA Used Motorcycle Valves (for pre-1995, click at the bottom of the page for "vintage values")

Which says:

89 Katana 600 PRICING
            Excellent: $1,275
            Very Good: $900
            Good: $375
            Fair: $150
            Poor: N/A

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by cfro30 View Post
              no, the exhaust is aftermarket (yoshi team racing) sounds nice though =]
              Ok, but Yoshi never made a twin exhaust for the Katanas. So it's a stock 4-2 header with Yoshi cans welded on, or it's custom like Blazer's.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I assume the bike he's referring to is the one on craigslist, in which case the exhaust is a pair of yoshi cans welded (pretty poorly from the looks of it) to a stock exhaust.
                sigpic
                »Ross Wendell
                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

it still has at least another 30k in it to give if it hasnt been abused too much. yeah, i wouldn't pay over a grand because it's been molested andhas 30 k on it.
                  thoughts create things

Comment

Working...
                  X