X

Picked up my Katana 750 today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my Katana 750 today!

I just got back from picking up my 2001 Katana 750. I took the ferry over to Long Island to look at the bike. I then rode the bike back to the ferry and back to Connecticut. Here are some pictures of the bike on the ferry, I promise to post better ones ASAP. The PO painted the bike earlier this year and has not wet-sanded it, so the paint is a little flat and orange peely. The horn is not hooked up, the gas gauge does not work, and the brakes are a little soft. I got a great deal on it though and it runs great!

I need the rear gastank bolts and spacers. Does anyone have an extra set, or know what years of the katana will fit?

EDIT: I just washed it and snapped a couple more pics with my phone. The bike looks a lot better clean, but you can tell the difference in the paint between wet-sanded/buffed and not.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by T.Bird; 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM.
    '01 Katana 750
    '96 Ninja 250 (sold, but got every penny I put into it, back out!)
    '83 Porsche 944

congrats on the bike - have fun

Comment

Originally posted by T.Bird View Post
      I need the rear gastank bolts and spacers. Does anyone have an extra set, or know what years of the katana will fit?
      Grats on your new ride.

For smaller items such as bolts, nuts, etc... I would suggest checking online and dealer prices. You might be surpised that the items your looking for might be the same cost to purchase new at a dealer, as compared to paying shipping for used...

Bikebandit.com for example...

18: BOLT 468445-001 $1.45
      19: SPACER,6.5X9X18 470387-001 $1.16
      20: CUSHION 472743-001 $1.45
      21: CUSHION 472803-001 $1.16

All told about $10.44.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize that bikebandit had all of those parts. The bolts I am looking for are the same that mount the front of the tank as well? (The ones you showed)
        '01 Katana 750
        '83 Porsche 944

Comment

Originally posted by T.Bird View Post
          Wow! I didn't realize that bikebandit had all of those parts. The bolts I am looking for are the same that mount the front of the tank as well? (The ones you showed)
          When you go to browse BikeBandit's OEM parts, they will have a list of microfiches, basically blow apart views of various parts of the bike, with each part numbered. All you have to do is order the numbered part.

Comment

I can't find a picture that shows the particular bolts I am looking for, so I was wondering if they are the same as the bolts from the front of the tank.
            '01 Katana 750
            '83 Porsche 944

Comment

Enjoy the new ride Ron Ayers is another good online place to look for OEM parts

Comment

Select model, year, and bike. Check for the micro fiche that shows the gas tank. That is where I found the parts I listed.

There is a screw and washer shown around the front as well... like $2 per set (screw and washer).

let me see if this link will work...

parts 13 and 14 I believe...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Right. Sorry. I had the tank turned backwards and was confused. Thanks so much! There are a couple other misc bolts missing too, I'm going to make an order tonight.
                  '01 Katana 750
                  '83 Porsche 944

Comment

I ordered all the bolts I needed. Today, I fixed the gas gauge, straightened the license plate holder, and got a new horn. Hopefully I can get it put on next week.
                    '01 Katana 750
                    '83 Porsche 944

Comment

I just went to the hardware store and picked up the right size metric bolts.
                      For the tank, anyway....
                      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                      90 GSXR 750/1216
                      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X