No announcement yet.
X

want to hear something really scary !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to hear something really scary !!

well i took the katana for a little ride to see if everything works , and it did well . anyways i got a little too far away from civilization and started to brake and stop so i could turn around and the front brake would'nt release . after letting it cool ( the rotor) i pulled and released the front brake lever and it did the trick . i got back to the garage and re checked and bled the brake system . but man i was in the boonies in front of an old house where if you disappear they'll never find you ! i guess i watched texas chain saw massacre too many times or something . i had my cell phone but was still paranoid ! anyone else get like that ?? i'd feel better with a handgun but don't want to go to jail . suggestions ??

You can get your handgun permit so you can carry one...but I think it would be awkward on a bike. When I am not on my bike I carry my gun on me 85% of the time. It just doesn't sound like a safe combination on a bike though. Not only would be uncomfortable and hinder your movement on the bike, but if you wrecked and slid on that puppy...forget that! Maybe throw some mace or something in your bike if you are that freaked out. I'd say your imagination is just getting the best of you.

Comment

maybe . but where i was ( western jersey ) theres alot of places that just look like something out of the movie Deliverance . remember that !

Comment

Did you see the Jersey Devil?

Comment

Just learn out to play the Banjo and youll fit right in LOL.

Comment

LOL!! i don't think so .

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post
              maybe . but where i was ( western jersey ) theres alot of places that just look like something out of the movie Deliverance . remember that !
              Or did you see the Soprano's episode where they get trapped in the pine barrens?hahahahaha

seriously tho,its jersey, it only looks scary
              WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
              We Will Always remember!
              sigpic

Comment

Squeal like a pig!!!

Comment

Or did you see the Soprano's episode where they get trapped in the pine barrens?hahahahaha

seriously tho,its jersey, it only looks scary!

wow gazoo,when you click on the word jersey in your profile it shows a google map of an island off france........weird
                  WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                  We Will Always remember!
                  sigpic

Comment

Because that's Jersey. Not New Jersey. He really is in France.

Comment

i wish it were france ! seriously , it was out near hackettstown , nj . and i kept thinking about michael jackson 's video thriller no less ! . because he just recently passed away . imagine a few redneck zombies chasing a guy in leathers down a rural country road and it does seem funny now that i'm home , but back then it was'nt ! ................. i'm getting a knife .

Comment

T-Shirt I just saw...

"Paddle Faster!... I hear banjo music."

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
                          You can get your handgun permit so you can carry one...but I think it would be awkward on a bike. When I am not on my bike I carry my gun on me 85% of the time. It just doesn't sound like a safe combination on a bike though. Not only would be uncomfortable and hinder your movement on the bike, but if you wrecked and slid on that puppy...forget that! Maybe throw some mace or something in your bike if you are that freaked out. I'd say your imagination is just getting the best of you.
                          I moved to az about 3 years ago, found a group of guys to ride with, mostly dual sports. We were on about our 3rd ride and this was a long 3-400 mile offroad ride. We ran into some guys way out in the desert, god knows what they was doign so we stopped to see if they needed help. The guys I was riding with all took off their jackets and most of their gear, 3 of the 4 of them had guns..I had no idea. I cant imagine oackign riding in hard offroad.

This is still the wild west.

i wish it were france ! seriously , it was out near hackettstown , nj . and i kept thinking about michael jackson 's video thriller no less ! . because he just recently passed away . imagine a few redneck zombies chasing a guy in leathers down a rural country road and it does seem funny now that i'm home , but back then it was'nt ! ................. i'm getting a knife .
                          This is whats gonna happen to you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0PfIfr4IfE"]YouTube - Deliverance[/ame]
                          Last edited by Kapp555; 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You shaw do gotta purty mouff.

Comment

Had a front brake go cherry-red on me once from failure to release -- felt the radiant heat on my foot before I saw it. You got lucky... If you can get to a stop without the bike trying to toss you, you can grab the bike's toolkit, open the bleeder, and then pry-back the pad (leave the bleeder open and don't use the front brakes the rest of the way home).

In my case, it was about 2 AM, and I was nursing the bike home from an earlier accident caused by the passenger... In the dim light (headlight busted out), I thought the emergency lane was paved, and in fact it was just loose gravel. As soon as the front wheel hit the gravel, the wheel locked up and both I and the bike went flying for a long ways.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X