No announcement yet.
X

want to hear something really scary !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah , i just pulled the handle a few times and it released . i rebled the brakes again today after putiing on the new dust seals . so anyways after i get done i pull the bike out to take a spin and it starts pouring rain . i wait till it stops , ride around the block a few times and put it away and drove home , sigh .

Comment

Note that in my case, the problem wasn't at the caliper, but rather at the lever; in the first wreck, the lever had bent in such a way that it wasn't coming fully out again (within 1mm of fully out -- enough that I didn't notice [ditto the shop that repaired the bike until my test-ride], but enough that it was dragging over distance). Might want to double-check, and lube your lever pivot while you're at it

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

will do , thanks cp .

Comment

NJ is a very tough state to get a carry permit in.There not givin lightly. PA. is way easier. I carry probably 90% of the time here. Rules are you cant go in bars, or any other place they sell alcohol, Banks, courthouses, and most twp buildings. It really doesnt impead my riding at all. I wear it under armed as well as on my hip. Altho i do prefer the shoulder holster over all. To me Its not the issue of if you carry it ..Its more of when you decide to pull it. Do it at the wrong time and make a bad decision and its your azz that pays the price. So understand what your getting into before you go all wild wild west out there. It takes a huge amount of restraint to carry a gun responsibly.
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
            You can get your handgun permit so you can carry one...but I think it would be awkward on a bike. When I am not on my bike I carry my gun on me 85% of the time. It just doesn't sound like a safe combination on a bike though. Not only would be uncomfortable and hinder your movement on the bike, but if you wrecked and slid on that puppy...forget that! Maybe throw some mace or something in your bike if you are that freaked out. I'd say your imagination is just getting the best of you.
            I used to ride with some guys that were always packing. They manufactured a holster for just on the inside of the fairing on their bike. Covered enough to keep oil and engine residue from gumming it up. I've seen one that was custom built under the seat, harder to get to but there if you needed it. I've seen plenty of knives, some of them VERY big. I'm ok with carrying but like Parkze says, I wouldn't want to slide on top of a loaded gun if it came down to crashing.
            Are we riding yet?

Comment

i hear ya on the" pull it only if you need it" saying . i was an mp in the marine corps for 2 years and i still remember the deadly force lessons and alot of other things they taught me . one of the reasons i did'nt become a cop was that i did'nt want to deal with that anymore . i wanted a more relaxed life . when i got out i went to school and my ride back then was a 79 honda cb750f , man was that bike reliable ! anyways i was in PA at the time and i just pulled over to take a break on a rural country road . i was'nt off the bike for a few minutes when i hear growling coming towards me . i look and two huge dogs are coming right at me ! i jump back on the bike and haul *** with them chasing me for about 200 yards . imagine if i would'nt of made it , or the bike would'nt start . that was the second time that happened to me . i've seen a pit bull bite a little girl once , it took the fire dept to come pry that dog off that little girl . people were hitting it with bats , sticks and tools and it still would'nt let go . cops are taught to shoot dogs like this that otherwise act in a threatening manner towards them . thats why drug dealers use dogs like this . not picking on pits but the way the dog is raised . anyways maybe i'll start another thread on what to carry if your're riding alone .

Comment

Not a knife. As a former MP you should know that most people who try to defend themselves with a knife end up with it shoved somewhere unpleasant. You're better off brushing up on your hand-to-hand and going unarmed.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I just flash them...that pretty much makes them all run!!

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post
                    i've seen a pit bull bite a little girl once , it took the fire dept to come pry that dog off that little girl . people were hitting it with bats , sticks and tools and it still would'nt let go...
                    KNOW THIS:
                    Pit bulls and bull-dogs have jaws that can effectively lock-on to something, so they don't have to use a lot of additional muscle-force to retain the bite after it's in place. This is why beating the dog won't get it to release, and even killing the dog may not enable a release.
                    If you find yourself in this situation, there is one automatic release that will work while the animal is alive (disgusting but effective) -- shove a digit up it's arse. The dog will release involuntarily.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well cp i'll try to remember that . lol!! usually when people just see the knife they think twice which is enough . most crimes are of opportunity not planned especially on a lonely road somewhere .

Comment

Urban Myth. There is nothing in a bull dog's anatomy that causes the jaws to "lock".

They simply have entirely too much determination and drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
                          Urban Myth. There is nothing in a bull dog's anatomy that causes the jaws to "lock".

Well, I stand corrected. The anal trick still works.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
                            You can get your handgun permit so you can carry one...but I think it would be awkward on a bike.
                            I ride with a .45 in my waistband at about 8:00 (i'ma lefty) it is not a hindrance any way riding you can even feel it back there....Now granted if the wreck and go for a slide...it's gonna suck...but i'm willing to risk it...my gun is like my shoes I dont leave home with out it

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post

Thats correct....I have 2 of them...hard headed animals. but smart as a whip....

Here's a pic of Maya, she's like my child...
                            Last edited by whitecl0ver; 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              Well, I stand corrected. The anal trick still works.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              No problem, you're typically the one correcting me.

That's good to know though. Reminds me of the south park episode when they were making fun of the "crock hunter"

We have a bit bull mix that we rescued and he is a very affectionate sweet dog. They get a bad rap because of the idiots that use them in baiting or fighting. Someone will see an APBT latch onto a bull or a hog and not let go and they assume there must be some kind of locking mechanism in there since they took such a beating while hanging on. They're just a dog, just like every other dog. They stand out, because they're incredibly athletic, have a tremendous drive (to the point of death), and are incredibly loyal. They can be aggressive to other animals by nature, but like anything, you can correct that aggressive nature by socializing them with other dogs when they're young. Our dog is pretty aggressive towards strays and other dogs he doesn't know, but is very friendly with our family pets. He's also very defensive around us and will act aggressive towards strangers. He would benefit a lot from having more room to run though. Our yard is just way too small for him now.

Comment

The reputation comes from the fact that some dog breeds don't let go even if knocked unconscious or dead (reports include police reports of officers in this predicament; animal dead but not releasing). I was previously told (apparently erroneously) that some breeds' jaws, like those of certain other animals, can be pushed forward (off pivot, think TMJ) to effectively lock into place by virtue of the displacement.

Cheers
                                =-= The CyberPoet

PS - the only pit I knew particularly well was an absolute sweetheart until she had her first litter -- from that moment on, she was the nastiest thing on the planet, esp. after the pups were sold off...
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X