X

mesh in the vents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh in the vents

Is there a special kind of mess people buy to put in the vents on the side of the fairings, or are people just going down to your local hardware store and buying chicken wire,

Well, it's not exactly chicken wire. You can go to your local hardware store and buy sheets of gutter mesh. Do a search on here for "mesh mod" and read through some of the how-to's on the site. There are plenty of them with pictures.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

thanks, i was just joking about the chicken wire, i also enjoy modding my car,and that is what me and my friends say when we see it on a crappy car.

i couldn't find the how to on mesh. did they delete it?
      Last edited by ferrucci86; 06-26-2009, 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i used screen guard. just cut out what i needed was $10 for the guard did the whole job. you can buy mesh from motorcycle shops but it is 35 dollars per sheet and you will have to buy 2. But it comes with way better designs
        1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
        1993 katana 600 sold
        Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

I realize this is pretty much a dead post at this point, but Im getting ready to do the same mesh-mod to my '95 750. If youre still looking, check out Grainger.com...its sold as "Wire Cloth".

Comment

Search "mesh mod" been covered LOTS.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X