X

Need an appraisal on my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an appraisal on my Kat

I have a 1999 Katana 600. The fairings need repaired, it is missing the belly fairings. The choke cable is seized and the lever is broke, it has a dent in the gas tank, the taillight is busted, the left turn signal is broke, the oil drain plug is stripped out. All the fairings are off right now. I was just trying to see how much it is worth. Thanks for your help.

Part it out you'll get more out of it that way
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Insurance appraisal, or realistic value of what you can get for it?

Generally, I work my valuations backwards:
      NADA - $1640 (TYPICAL/GOOD) - $2055 (MINT)
      Front/Main Fairings - $600
      Belly Fairing - $200
      Gas Tank - $350
      Choke Cable* - $20
      Control Pod - $130
      Tail Light* - $50 (used)
      Left turn signal (rear) - $35
      Oil Pan - $60 (used)

Note: items with an astrick, I have available for sale.

That leaves you a residual value of around $325 - $740, IMHO, which literally means that you'll make the most parting it out (if you're trying to sell it), or if you want to do a DYI fix-it up project, it'll set you back probably the better part of a grand if you go all used parts (far less if you plastic-weld the existing fairings and paint yourself).

PS - I have the tail fairings on ebay right now ($10 each plus postage), if you need 'em, as items:

and

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than about $500.
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

yeah id say 500 sounds about right... theres a TON of work to be done just to get it on the road, let alone looking decent.

Comment

$500 at the absolute most, even than I would think it would be hard to sell.
            Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

To give some perspective, I paid $300 for my 92 kat which needed a paint job, carb cleaning, and basic maintainance.
              sigpic
              »Ross Wendell
              »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Thanks for the help if thats all its worth i'll keep it.

Comment

Working...
                X