X

Vibration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration

My bike vibrates a good amount between 4-5k RPMs as well as a harmonic resonating through the bike. Once past that, it seems to be fine. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time riding around town in that range.

Anyone else experience this?
    2006 Suzuki Katana 750
    2008 Kawasaki KX250F
    2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
    1997 Suzuki RM250

Originally posted by surfrider26 View Post
    My bike vibrates a good amount between 4-5k RPMs as well as a harmonic resonating through the bike. Once past that, it seems to be fine. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time riding around town in that range.

Anyone else experience this?
    It's quite common due to running a little lean at that rpm. The general fix is to instal a stage 1 jet kit. Tuned right, it will remove that heavy vibration.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      It's quite common due to running a little lean at that rpm. The general fix is to instal a stage 1 jet kit. Tuned right, it will remove that heavy vibration.

Krey
      Which do you recommend?
      2006 Suzuki Katana 750
      2008 Kawasaki KX250F
      2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
      1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Ivans or factory pro...steer clear of dynojet if possible, the other two work much better than the DJ kit

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

do you think that I should take it to my mechanic and get it tuned a little before changing the jets?

Or is it just a known fact that the stock jets just need to be changed?
          2006 Suzuki Katana 750
          2008 Kawasaki KX250F
          2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
          1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

I dont how many miles or what kind of riding you do, but if you havent ever just gone around and torqued your bolts down it will get vibey. I bought a 2003 and rode it before i did and work and it was pretty vibey. I tore it down and torqued everything down and a lot of stuff was loose. It rode 40% better when done.

Comment

I hear you. I just got the bike yesterday. It only has 2500 miles on it. I will probably take it in to get it checked out, tuned and then put some new jets in it if need be.

I will be commuting 80 miles a day soon and I cant deal with the vibration daily.
              2006 Suzuki Katana 750
              2008 Kawasaki KX250F
              2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
              1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Working...
              X