X

People Suck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Suck

So, while I'm working out a titling issue I had to keep my bike somewhere since I live in an apartment complex and the managers don't want unregistered vehicles on the lot. I decided on a friends house since it's out in the country-side as it serves double...my bike stays somewhere inside...and I get to go ride the twisties since there are no police officers out there. Last night when me and him came back from riding said twisties his father asked him how much longer the bike was going to be there...long story short they were going to clean out the garage so they can start parking the cars inside.

Him and his father told me that it was alright for that night but that afterwards I'd have to park it outside. No problem I thought...I'll just bring the cover tomorrow and park it in the driveway/next to the sidewalk. Around 11PM at night he texts me and asks if he can sleep over at my apartment because he got into an argument with his parents and he just doesn't want to be there. He comes and we hang out for a little but then he decides to go home.

This afternoon I get the motorcycle cover and start driving down to cover my bike and mess with my A/F screws and carbs overall to try and get the bike to idle properly. When I get there this morning my bike is out by the curb and I see pieces of my turn signal on the ground. I get closer and the turn signal is off, my pipe is messed up, my mirror is scratched, my upper stay bracket (headlight bracket) is bent out of shape, and my right fairing has several new cracks in it along with cracks from before that have become quite a bit larger. Oh, and the awesomest part, the point where the cable comes out of the front brake reservoir is leaking when I press the brake lever. Oh, another awesome part is that one part of the bike (the place where the fairing scratches are ) has tons of spraypaint on it...so the 3 days I spent painting my fairings an awesome black and red now looks like a monkey

Long story short, "friend" won't admit to it, neighbors all tell me they heard a crack and then people arguing in Spanish last night around 10PM (an hour before he called me). Called the police, but they said there isn't really anything they can do. Bike isn't insured yet as it's not titled yet so I'm pretty much screwed. Have no money and at this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Damaged:
    -Right turn signal
    -Windscreen cracked in 4 peices
    -Right fairing has 5-6 cracks 3 of which are 5-7 inches long
    -Dents/gashes/scratches in Vance&Hines Muffler
    -Upper stay bracket messed up (funny because I had just installed a new one)

I'm honestly thinking about parting it out. I was going to have some money soon that MIGHT'VE been enough to register/insure/tag it however I don't have enough to fix it AND get it legal.

Well, that's the end of my vent.

-Duo Maxwell

**EDIT** Potential Prospect: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...233063605.html
    Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM.
    Ride on, CyberPoet. You will be sorely missed.

wow man thats just crazy.... they could of atleast been respectful about it or just plain say no.... man your good cause i think i would of been so mad that i would of took his own sledge hammer true a few windows and parts of his car lol but thats a bad idea any ways just lets steam off lol

Comment

that sounds like a real "Barn Burner" to me

Comment

Wow that is super sh!tty
        Let's go riding!

Comment

So who trashed your bike? your "friend" or his parents or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Kapp555 View Post
            So who trashed your bike? your "friend" or his parents or what?
            He most likely tried to move it (I told him to call me and I'd come do it) and couldn't control the heavy kat and as a result dropped it.

-Duo Maxwell

Comment

I'd be in that garage returning the favor to all the cars that have been recently parked there- whether they admit to screwing with your bike or not. I'll buy you some spray paint and a baseball bat if you want.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Did the police even go and inquire what happened to it? How do they know that it wasn't an act of vandalism or something that should be investigated. Also if you had permission to park the bike there maybe home owners insurance on their part would cover it if they would say something fell on it and knocked it over or something. What are they claiming happened? They just came out found it broken and decided to do a little touch up painting for you? Man its not even my bike and I am getting miffed over here. I can't even imagine how you feel dude...sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
                  Did the police even go and inquire what happened to it? How do they know that it wasn't an act of vandalism or something that should be investigated. Also if you had permission to park the bike there maybe home owners insurance on their part would cover it if they would say something fell on it and knocked it over or something. What are they claiming happened? They just came out found it broken and decided to do a little touch up painting for you? Man its not even my bike and I am getting miffed over here. I can't even imagine how you feel dude...sorry!
                  Regarding the police...I don't really have any witnesses or any solid evidence to go on. At this point it's still considered an assumption that he damaged my bike.

The "friend" won't admit to anything...he's obviously lieing. Nervous, avoiding questions, etc. His father told me to get off his property today. The guy called me later and he just continues to deny everything

him: "dude we rode together you really think im going to do something like that"
                  me: "your neighbors told me they heard something last night...everything points to my bike being dropped last night, one neighbor even said they thought they saw a bike on its side while walking the dog"
                  him: "all i know is i didn't drop your bike"
                  me: "then explain your neighbors...explain the marks in your driveway....its not even like i want you to pay for the whole bike, i just want you to own up to your mistake"
                  him: "all i know is i didn't drop your bike...are you really not going to trust me like that? do you just want to throw away the friendship like that?"

Rinse and repeat. He's obviously lieing but he just won't admit to it. My only option of getting fairness is going to small claims court and getting the money for the bike...however at this point my morale is so low (been dealing with a lot of problems with family and trying to get this bike running properly) I'm probably just going to let it blow over and part out the bike here on KR.

-Duo Maxwell

Comment

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
                    He's obviously lieing but he just won't admit to it.
                    It sucks to say but I agree. I dropped my roommate's 02 750 the day before he sold it, but I owned up to it and bought him some new pieces
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

put the brakes on things i mean brake fluid all over thier whells ..or just end that dude he being two faced

Comment

Don't do anything stupid, justified or not. I have no legal training whatsoever, but it sounds like you may have trouble getting any money out of him or his parents. Regardless of whether you can force them to pay anything, so-called friend showed his true colors. Kick him to the curb (figurtively).

Comment

Well, you just got me all p*ssed off for the night! It ain't even my bike, or even in my state, but the thought of someone doing damage to a bike, and the fact that it was someone you knew, sucks! He mentioned you throwing away the friendship, but in reality he is the one who trashed it, since all suspicion/evidence points to him and yet he won't take any responsibility for it. If you lived anywhere near me I'd let you keep the bike at my house until you got it worked out as to what you wanted to do with it. Any KR in your area who could help you out with storing it for you? Even if you part it out, you have to keep it somewhere, right?
                          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

horrible

Comment

"Dude.... Really, Thats not my foot up your azz!! "
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                              X