No announcement yet.
X

how do I make 1 down 5 up into.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I make 1 down 5 up into.........

I did some searching and cat find how to make my shift peday to go from 1 down and 5 up. To 1 up and 5 down.

I know I have seen the tread but cant find it can you guys help me out.
    2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

Man, I don't even want to think about how bad that would screw with my head.
    sigpic

Comment

I think some people call that Moto GP shift pattern.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

GP shifting?

I tried it, and while it was nice when leaned over, I'm so used to 1 down 5 up that I just flipped it back and kept it stock. If it was for a track only bike I could probably get used to it, but for the street it just didn't feel comfortable to me.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok thanks guys, I understand how to do it on the R6 but I do see how to do it on the Kat. The kickstand kill switch looks like its in the way.
          Last edited by amazinkat; 06-22-2009, 06:25 PM.
          2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

Comment

Yeah - rode my buddy's R1 with Moto GP shifter. Man, was that ever a pain!
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

I would never be in the right gear if I made the switch to gp-shifting... I have enough of a hard time whenever I ride someone's dirtbike or pocketbike that uses it....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by amazinkat View Post
                ok thanks guys, I understand how to do it on the R6 but I do see how to do it on the Kat. The kickstand kill switch looks like its in the way.
                It's the exact same process, but the clearance may not be there.

You're switching from push pull to pull push.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah I dont think the clearance is there to do it. Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                    I would never be in the right gear if I made the switch to gp-shifting... I have enough of a hard time whenever I ride someone's dirtbike or pocketbike that uses it....
                    If I only rode on the track (racing for a living or just recreational) and never on the street, sure thing. If I did do street riding I guess I'd do what amazinkat is thinking about. I'd change all my rides to GP shifting.
                    sigpic

Comment

It would take some serious getting used to. Goes against your natural instinct (down=down, up=up).
                      '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                      '05 Katana 600

Comment

cool concept

Comment

It'd probably cost you about $200 (?) to have a machinist fab it up if you brought him the originals parts and he favored you...

Look at this fiche: 98+ Shift linkage set-up and then imagine replacing the items 38, 37, 29, 36, 27+28 with new ones that reverse the connection. Wouldn't be too hard to do -- mostly it's a matter of re-engineering 27 + 28 so that 28 connects to it at the bottom instead (and applies the right distance stroke on the shift)...

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Id be screwed!
                            Joker
                            The newest addition to the Family!
                            sigpic
                            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              It'd probably cost you about $200 (?) to have a machinist fab it up if you brought him the originals parts and he favored you...

Look at this fiche: 98+ Shift linkage set-up and then imagine replacing the items 38, 37, 29, 36, 27+28 with new ones that reverse the connection. Wouldn't be too hard to do -- mostly it's a matter of re-engineering 27 + 28 so that 28 connects to it at the bottom instead (and applies the right distance stroke on the shift)...

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Thanks cyber,

I dont think i will do it now . thanks for all the replies guys/gals.

Comment

Working...
                              X