X

how do I make 1 down 5 up into.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amazinkat View Post
    I did some searching and cat find how to make my shift peday to go from 1 down and 5 up. To 1 up and 5 down.

I know I have seen the tread but cant find it can you guys help me out.
    Its easy.... just flip your bike upside down.....
    Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukii600 View Post

2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

May effect you 1/4mi. ET a bit tho!
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

LMAO!! Good one Suzuki!!
            With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
            The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
            To the bang bang boogie
            Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

I have thought of the idea and been reading up. Most have just been flipping the part that goes into the trans a 180. I have found that an old 70's honda shifter is exactly what i need to convert my bike.

has to be some parts out there from other suzuki's to get it done.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Hmmm I kinda like the idea.... whats the advantage, just quicker up shifts and more comfortable foot position? How often do you hit two gears at once?

I bet I could make it work...
                Last edited by HemiKat; 06-23-2009, 06:00 PM.
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  Hmmm I kinda like the idea.... whats the advantage, just quicker up shifts and more comfortable foot position?
                  It's a traditional racing gear-pattern, because:
                  (A) You don't tend to keep your foot under the shifter pending an upshift (hovering over it instead), it keeps you from scrapping your foot as often (reducing accident rates);
                  (B) Your body puts more force through your leg in a downward motion than in an upward one -- more likely to engage a full shift and not hit a false-neutral, even on a race-thrashed tranny (esp. if not using any clutch), again reducing accidents (esp. in older 2-stroke classes).

Want an eye-opener? Go look up common shift patterns for various bikes before the US DOT standardized requirements for road-going motorcycles back at the start of the 70's...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    Want an eye-opener? Go look up common shift patterns for various bikes before the US DOT standardized requirements for road-going motorcycles back at the start of the 70's...
                    No joke! It was like learning how to ride all over again every time you bought a new bike brand.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                      No joke! It was like learning how to ride all over again every time you bought a new bike brand.
                      Yup. Your shifter might be at the left foot, the right foot, any of a half-dozen variations of hand-shift controls (E.g. - standard Indian: left-hand throttle, right-hand gear, left-foot clutch, right-foot brake).

Shift patterns varied by manufacturer, bike make and year -- and in some cases, by the very bike itself (E.g. - Bridgestone 175's were offered with a choice of 4-speed rotary for primarily city use, or five-speed 1-up/4-down for rural/highway use).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                      X