X

Anyone speak WTFanese?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone speak WTFanese?

See if this makes sense to any of you. Or maybe someone here has dealt with these guys before. The username is Autoshop168, it's a hong kong based outfit. Aaand, here's the link to the auction http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:X:AAQ:CA:1123

First, my letters-

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the exact Katana from the pictures. I'd REALLY like to order these. If I understand correctly from my other messages, the decals come with the fairings (ie; the stickers that say "katana" and "600" etc), is that right?. More importantly I need to know if they are going to be an exact match for the gas tank? In other words, are these fairings painted with oem paint? If not, do you guarantee that it will be a match?

Thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another question, sorry. The AD says "fairing only." But the pictures are of entire kits. Here's what I'm assuming comes with the purchase.

-Left & Right Upper fairings w/decals
    -Left & Right Lower fairings
    -Front fender
    -Center front fairing (w/third eye opening & decal)
    -Entire tail w/600 model decals

Is that right? I know I'm asking a-lot of questions, but this is a big purchase for me.

They reply-

Hi hi dearest friend.
    Happy to reply to you.yes you are right at all : )
    But sorry they make after market,Do not worry we make as same as the OEM pattern, fit to no problem.
    And come with a complete set fairing as you need.Also send you windscreen and stickers together as gift.
    If you buy it now,I can offer the best price is USD554.00 including EMS express fast ship.
    Please confirm your complete delivery address and telephone number,I will send you pay pal bil to be pay with.
    We expect to your good news.
    Wishing you a good time.
    Autoshop :]

----------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo- wtf?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Aaaaaahhhhh so!!! Velly good!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, saw a post from someone here who replaced their fairings with a similar kit - except in orange. Looked like everything was included: all fairings, 3rd eye and windshield. From the pics, everything looked spot on, but the poster did not have everything installed.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy750f View Post
        Aaaaaahhhhh so!!! Velly good!

You dirty racist...

::coughcoughLOLcoughcough::

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Wanting full address and phone number sounds fishy to me. Might just be phishing.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

The Subaru manual's I work with are the same way. We call it Japanglish.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
              They reply-

Hi hi dearest friend.
              Happy to reply to you.yes you are right at all : )
              But sorry they make after market,Do not worry we make as same as the OEM pattern, fit to no problem.
              And come with a complete set fairing as you need.Also send you windscreen and stickers together as gift.
              If you buy it now,I can offer the best price is USD554.00 including EMS express fast ship.
              Please confirm your complete delivery address and telephone number,I will send you pay pal bil to be pay with.
              We expect to your good news.
              Wishing you a good time.
              Autoshop :]

----------------------------------------------------------------
              the translation:

Hello,

Glad to hear you are interested and yes, your assumptions are correct. These are aftermarket fairings, but we do use the OEM patterns so fit should not be a problem. Along with the fairing kit, we will also include the windscreen and decals at no extra charge.

If you use the Buy it Now feature, the price will be $554 USD, which includes expedited shipping. If you pay with Paypal, be sure to include your complete delivery address and a telephone number.

Hope to hear from you soon.
              Have a good day!

Autoshop

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to date an Asian girl, her dad talked that broken Engrish.
              Last edited by CenCalKat; 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM.
              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
              BMC Notorious 918 HT
              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                the translation:

Hello,

Glad to hear you are interested and yes, your assumptions are correct. However, these are aftermarket fairings but we do use the OEM patterns so fit should not be a problem. Along with the fairing kit, we will also include the windscreen and decals at no extra charge.

If you use the Buy it Now feature, the price will be $554 USD, which includes expedited shipping. If you pay with Paypal, be sure to include your complete delivery address and a telephone number.

Have a good day!

Autoshop

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to date an Asian girl, her dad talked that broken Engrish.
                I used to be asian

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                  I used to be asian
                  2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

A version of what we call "Chinglish"
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                      the translation:

Hello,

Glad to hear you are interested and yes, your assumptions are correct. These are aftermarket fairings, but we do use the OEM patterns so fit should not be a problem. Along with the fairing kit, we will also include the windscreen and decals at no extra charge.

Have a good day!

Autoshop

+1

I have a lot of foreign communications and I agree with what is written above. I think they put 'fairing only' so someone doesn't think they are getting the whole bike. Now whether it is a scam or not is still another question. I don't think so, but ordering directly from China is always a little scary. Make sure the address they send it to is the one listed in paypal (I think that is important if you have to file to recover funds).

But why the full fairing kit? Have an incident since the last time I saw it?
                      Last edited by Cheriff; 06-22-2009, 01:00 PM.
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post

But why the full fairing kit? Have an incident since the last time I saw it?
                        Nah- the Kat is in overall good shape. There are just a bunch of little things that drive me crazy and I think to repair everything I'd be over that amount anyhow. Like if I filled, sanded and primed everything myself I'm still looking at spending a couple hundred dollars in paint/painting- and that's only if they touch the areas up, which I'm not convinced they could do (at least on the uppers).

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                          Nah- the Kat is in overall good shape. There are just a bunch of little things that drive me crazy and I think to repair everything I'd be over that amount anyhow. Like if I filled, sanded and primed everything myself I'm still looking at spending a couple hundred dollars in paint/painting- and that's only if they touch the areas up, which I'm not convinced they could do (at least on the uppers).

Gotcha. Makes sense. I forgot about the crack on the right upper fairing. Not to mention you can then sell your other pieces that are in good shape and probably break even.

Hope to meet up with you guys again soon -except maybe do a little riding this time
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

4800+ sales and 98.9% positive feedback...I wouldn't have a problem ordering from them.

Only thing I would be hesitant about is #4 on their shipping cost notes. Saying they will mark the item as a sample/gift with a low value is kind of a shady thing to do. I assume it's to make any importing/customs fees cheaper but I would question how that would effect insuring the shipment. I know that "I" would want insurance on an international shipment of flimsy plastic body parts.
                            92 1100 Kat

Comment

They sound legit. One of my clients is a company called The Bellow Group.

The Bellow Group was established to assist US and Asian Manufacturers in developing sales, marketing and product development strategies that will lead to profitable sales growth.

We assist US based manufacturers with product development, sourcing, marketing and sales penetration into the retail, distribution and OEM channels. And, our key relationships with many Far East vendors will provide you with the best possible costs and quality to maintain a competitive sourcing advantage.

We assist manufacturers in the Far East in penetrating the highly competitive retail and OEM channels through effective marketing, product packaging and sales development.

We will work with startup as well as established high-tech manufacturers in Asia in successfully introducing technology products to the US market.

Nearly every packaging project I've done for one of their customers is redesigning their packaging. If you think that's bad you should see what some of the offshore packaging looks and sounds like before I get a crack at it. Google Translator can only go so far.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X