X

I NEED A REPAIR MANUAL!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED A REPAIR MANUAL!!!

Does anyone know where I can find a repair manual for a 1999 Suzuki Katana 600 BESIDES EBAY?? All they have on there are cd-roms and pre-98 books. Does anyone have an extra? Thanks!
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Go directly to the source. Haynes has an online store for manuals.
    Yours is right here:

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Your local suzuki dealer will have the factory service manual.

or sort through this list

and see if they have the one you want.
      Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        Yours is right here:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...3603&langId=-1
        Do you know how much this is in U.S. dollars? Also, will the website automatically convert my credit card payment to pounds?

Comment

Thanks for the link woobie, I just downloaded the Haynes manual for 98-02 Kat 750, I have an 05 Kat and I am wondering if the manual is the same for a 92 and an 05 ? anybody know? Thanks.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Should be the same. I know they added the passing lights and changed the exhaust shape, hence the reason for those big ass peg feelers. But the engine is the same as far as I know.
            Kyle

Comment

You might be able to still download it. Check out this thread:

"Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I got mine here: http://www.motocom.com/motorcycles/2.../5/10322/10959 . It has been worth every penny

Comment

I picked up my pre-98 clymer's from amazon.com - cheaper than they were selling on ebay too!

Comment

Either way, get it. It will pay for itself after it walks you through 1 or 2 repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                      Either way, get it. It will pay for itself after it walks you through 1 or 2 repairs.
                      Do your own valve adjustment and it will pay for itself 5x the first time you do it.
                      Kyle

Comment

Amazon here..

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                          Originally posted by mx916
                          Do your own valve adjustment and it will pay for itself 5x the first time you do it.
                          Is that easy to do with a repair manual? I am not too technically savvy but I have a brother-in-law that loves tinkering with his cars and could help. I called a shop and they wanted somewhere around $260 to do a valve adjustment, so I'd like to do it myself if it's not too hard.

Oh, and by the way, I downloaded the Haynes' manual. Thanks for everyone's suggestions...I might still buy a real copy as it would be better than printing off the individual sections. For now this will suffice.

Comment

Valve adjustment isn't bad, just time consuming since you have to strip the bike down to get the head cover off and get at the valves.

If you ride alot the interval is only 12,000 kms for checking/adjustmets so that can add up quickly if you get the shop to do it. Trinc has a how to posted on the valve adjustment.

Take your time, follow the instructions, take pictures as you do in case you forget where things go. And most importantly double or even triple take your measurements to make sure they are accurate.
                            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie
                              Originally posted by Mojoe
                              Yours is right here:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...3603&langId=-1
                              Do you know how much this is in U.S. dollars? Also, will the website automatically convert my credit card payment to pounds?
                              I clicked on the wrong link at the homepage. go to www.haynes.com and there will be links to different parts of the world.....choose america. the link tzortn posted is a good manual...i am assuming better than haynes, but it is over double the price. unless you are really mechanical and can do everything yourself, the haynes should do you nicely. the real shop manual is better if you can do it all yourself and will give you more detail probably.
                              and for once I am happily surprised. usually it cost more for stuff for the 1100's, but the manual for the 1100 is 1/2 price of the 600 manual you guys are referring to. sweet!
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X