X

Airbox help appreciated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox help appreciated

Apparently in fixing one problem it led to another. I can't seem to re-connect the fuel line from the petcock to the T between carbs 1&2 and I'm pretty sure I'll have to remove the airbox. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, or if someone could tell me how it could be done without removing either the carbs or airbox. Thanks in advance.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

I got notin....

I always end up removing the box....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Dayum! Any tips on it's removal/re-installation?
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Wish I could help, but I bought my bike and it didn't come with an airbox. Just got my airbox from Arsenic today!
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Yes... Pull the carbs off... pull the airbox, remove the filter.

Put your fuel line on, put the air box on the carbs reaching inside of it with a hand to help seat them on the carbs. Put back in the air filter, and put the whole unit back on the bike.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Yes... Pull the carbs off... pull the airbox, remove the filter.

Put your fuel line on, put the air box on the carbs reaching inside of it with a hand to help seat them on the carbs. Put back in the air filter, and put the whole unit back on the bike.

Krey
            Yeah what Krey said. Much easier to work the airbox onto the carbs OFF the bike.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
              Yeah what Krey said. Much easier to work the airbox onto the carbs OFF the bike.
              Also helps to pop the filter out when you're trying to work the boots back on. Just stick your hand on in there and get nasty.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X