X

Mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods

What kind of mods or upgrades have you guys done do your bikes?
    My 03 750f came with different sporkets and chain the speedo if off about 10 miles an hour and it rev's at 6200 @ 70mph.
    chromed/black led tail light which you really can't see the lights in the day time. One of the things of the POS did was paint a black line across the headlight? Not sure why but I've had a heck of time getting to come off. Also he painted the windshield black and cut it down so it's only about 3" tall, is that a cool trend? OK so maybe I'm just to old LOL I'm 44 years old btw.
    I understand how cars gearing works and figure out the finale ratio how do you do figure it out with bikes? And would have stock been?

Thanks sorry for all the questions.

Ron
    2003 Katana 750F
    1986 VFR 700F

Here is a ratio chart. I tried to copy it into the post, but it didn't turn out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
      Here is a ratio chart. I tried to copy it into the post, but it didn't turn out so well.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motor...hain-sprocket/
      Thanks thats what I was looking for! So it looks like you just divide the large sporket by the smaller one.
      Last edited by Fastymz; 06-20-2009, 04:47 PM.
      2003 Katana 750F
      1986 VFR 700F

Comment

There's a Kat ratio table on my website specific to your bike:
        motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

www.gearingcommander.com

Mods?... check my sig.... so far thats most of it, but more coming soon.

At least, once I get these carbs straightened out...

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 06-20-2009, 06:37 PM.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

he means www.gearingcommander.com

Krey's post had a typo.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The guy I bought my bike off of painted the windscreen as well. Now it's got a couple broken mounting holes, so I'm looking into a new one. The other mod he did was removed the airbox...And never put it back on.

-Mike-
              sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
              2004 Katana 600 - Gone
              2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                he means www.gearingcommander.com

Krey's post had a typo.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Get lazy one time and forget to click the link to make sure it works and BAM!... that's the one I get wrong.

Thanks CP!

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X