X

got caught in construction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got caught in construction

man im riding back to home using a different road..... when i see a construction sign well to late i brake so i dont go in at 60mph lol..... they didnt use the small stuff like usually i was stuck riding about 10 mph on 2 inch rocks.... the bike was bouncing and sliding.... it was really hard man i thought i was gonna break some thing... they could warn that they used the big rocks lol

My all-time favorite sign in the history of construction is "Bump". Where is this bump? When is this bump? How big is it? Did it already happen or is it coming up? Was the bump next to the sign?

Comment

I have to ride 176 through PA sometimes, it is basically cut through a mountain. Yeah, the signs on that road say "Falling Rocks". and there are def. some big azz rocks on that side of the road that have apparently fallen
      Let's go riding!

Comment

well it was right beside the rocks with a construction zone sign.. so i tried to stop to late im in it... so turning around was out of the question.... with how the bike handled i was able to ride it out at 10 miles per hour or so...... bouncing and sliding a bit....

Comment

I can't stop thinking "bump"...
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Make sure you fill out this survey:

The feedback goes straight to the NTHSA to set new standards that are bike-friendly.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thats when all the offroad experience kicks in. I ride both on and offroad, Im sure many of you do too. If you dont, trail riding will make you a safer all around rider.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapp555 View Post
                Thats when all the offroad experience kicks in. I ride both on and offroad, Im sure many of you do too. If you dont, trail riding will make you a safer all around rider.
                Good call. I have been thinking about picking off road riding up for that reason alone.
                Originally posted by katanawarrior
                I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
                  I have to ride 176 through PA sometimes, it is basically cut through a mountain. Yeah, the signs on that road say "Falling Rocks". and there are def. some big azz rocks on that side of the road that have apparently fallen
                  Oh our roads are just one long, interconnected fun-filled fantasy trip. You get used to it though. The hands down best signs are "active work zone when flashing" or "road work 1500 feet" apparently the definition of road work here is a bunch of overweight mullets laying out road barrels in random order. After which they sit on the nearest median and discuss what a good job they've done until quitting time.

But staying with the thread- I'm glad you're alright man.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                    Good call. I have been thinking about picking off road riding up for that reason alone.
                    It is addicting for sure. I used to ride primarily on street for my pleasure rides as well as for my basic transportation. Now I ride offroad (dualsport) for most of my pleasure riding.

One bike can never do it all for me.

Comment

Sounds like my driveway and most of the roads in this small town (3 1/2 roads are paved the rest are dirt or gravel). Want to learn how to ride on that stuff, get out a map and find the smallest poorest town within 50 miles and go exploring, the more unpaved roads the better. Another good place to brush up on dirt and gravel would be unpaved forest roads that seem to go on forever. A few days riding those kinds of roads on the Kat, and you won't realy worry too much about a short construction zone anymore.
                      Last edited by Psycho1; 06-22-2009, 01:00 AM.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                        Sounds like my driveway and most of the roads in this small town (3 1/2 roads are paved the rest are dirt or gravel). Want to learn how to ride on that stuff, get out a map and find the smallest poorest town within 50 miles and go exploring, the more unpaved roads the better. Another good place to brush up on dirt and gravel would be unpaved forest roads that seem to go on forever. A few days riding those kinds of roads on the Kat, and you won't realy worry too much about a short construction zone anymore.
                        if it would of been like your driveway it would of been so much better..... now try thinking a lot more rocks and not small rocks 2 inch rocks for over 1/4 mile.... didnt want to try to stop it was hard just to keep moving lol

Comment

Yep, the big ones are messy. At least they didn't get the better of you.

Comment

i hate rocks. they always make my rear pucker everytime i ride over them.

wanna ride offroad though lol. change it so im comfy with em lol

Comment

Working...
                            X