X

ran over a dog with my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ran over a dog with my Kat

It was kinda funny. I was going through a back road, and all of a sudden a medium sized dog (I don't know dogs) run up beside me. It tries to pass in front of me when it starts to stumble, and my front tire catches it. It scared the hell out of me, I though I was gonna crash AND get bit by a dog. It all end and I see a dog rolling on the ground behind me. It gets back up and starts chasing me again. I get to work all shooken up, and I just begin to laugh.
    Meow. -Count_Filth's_Katana

The best way to deal with dogs is the vary your speed. Slow down, then speed up, repeat as necessary.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Poor dog!

The place where I go offf-roading, Haspin Acres, in Indiana. You have to take some cruddy back roads to get there and every other house has a pack of dogs sitting in thier front yard. So everytime you drive by wild dogs chase you down the street.
      Last edited by HemiKat; 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

id stop by that house and ask the owners to stop feeding there dog in the road

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
          The best way to deal with dogs is the vary your speed. Slow down, then speed up, repeat as necessary.
          Yes, All you should have to do is wait till its in within about 15 feet from you, Hit the brakes hard once, then accelerate, it disrupts the dog timing. he has set an intercept course, If you subbenly slow it throws him off.
          Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

lol. friggin dogs always chase kats. they never win though

Comment

Last time I slowed down for a dog that was chasing my vehcile, it ran smack right into the side of my car and bounced.

Wife, "what was that thump"

Me, "Some dog just ran into the side of the car"

Comment

I think the MSF course said to slow down real quick then speed up because dog's have an odd sense of perception. Lol, just glad it didn't happen to me!!

Comment

From the sounds of it, this isn't the first motorcycle that dumb dog has tangled with, either...
                  "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Don't forget to hit the horn too.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Glad you didn't wreck and glad the lil dog wasn't seriously injured. I'm sure the lil fella's ego was brusied after he barks to the rest of his boys that he got punked by a "Kat"
                      [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

I almost hit a squirrel on the way to work yesterday. Luckily the horn scared the crap out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adequateman View Post
                          I almost hit a squirrel on the way to work yesterday. Luckily the horn scared the crap out of him.
                          I would seriously never think to use my horn in that situation. Ha.

Comment

My mufflers are debaffled... So the kat is LOUD! I usually pull the clutch in and rev. Usually get the dog running the other way.

Comment

Haha dang the same thing happened 2 me 2day...only it was my neighbors dog and i was coming down the road and it was just setting there in thier driveway and as soon as i get beside it it goes 4 a dead run at the side of my bike...i thought i was f****d...lol bt it hit my bike and luckily i saw it and slowed down and it hit my right fairing and broke a peice off around one of the bolt holes...i didnt swerve or anything i just kept it straight...scared the hell outta me tho...and ****ed me off a bit bc now i gota fiberglass the peice back on the fairing...fun fun...it was crazy ive never seen anything like that b4 i mean as soon as i got beside it,it goes straight 4 my bike and idk y...flipped me out i thought it was gonna go under the front or rear tire and i figured i was goin down but i saved it...lucky i know how to ride just a lil bit.

P.S The dogs fine it just lost a little hair...the kat scratched him...lol 4 real i had 2 pick dog hair outa my fairing...haha...but everythings ok and i live 2 ride another day
                              Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

Working...
                              X