X

1994 katana 600 ...new owner/ member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 katana 600 ...new owner/ member

I posted the other day about an issue with a katana I was going to buy. I now have it and have started to fix it up. my original post was with regard to a loss of compression in one of the cylinders.... (thank you to everyone who replied....very helpfull you guys are awesome).

the crazy thing is now that I have it home, and have been riding it, it still pulls pretty smoothly on only 3 cylinders. I was kind of shocked about this. I am thinking of putting some compression restore type fluid into the engine to see if it even brings the dead cylinder to life at all.

the person I bought it from said he compression tested it and it failed miserably....but when he put some oil in the cylinder, the compression came back up very high... apparently this indicates bad rings.

I am going to ride it around for a while the way it is. it is still fun as hell... is there any danger to riding with a bad cylinder like that? I figure eventually I will get it re-ringed or whatever. this is a pic of the bike:

thanks,

Fighters alley.
    Last edited by fightersalley; 06-18-2009, 11:16 AM. Reason: add pic

That's a clean looking bike! I'm about to pick up a '94 model myself.

Comment

I know this is an old post, but I just bought the same bike and have plans on doing a very similar color. Do you have more pics? How hard was it to remove the fairings and pint? What paint did you use and how did you paint it?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TacOpCon View Post
        I know this is an old post, but I just bought the same bike and have plans on doing a very similar color. Do you have more pics? How hard was it to remove the fairings and pint? What paint did you use and how did you paint it?
        Thanks
        Fairings are easy to remove its just allen bolts... start with the front and work your way back just try to mark which bolts came from what hole.. cuz they are not all the same size.. worse case you can order colored bolts to add a lil summin summin from sportbikebolts.com They are quick .. get them at your door about 4 days after you place the order.. also painting.. is tough work.. there is a thread on here under the body shop forum, titled something like "Painting your bike or bike parts" something like that.. but if your gunna paint be ready to have your work cut out for ya if you have never done it before, its not super hard, just takes a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
        X