which jet kit do i have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which jet kit do i have

i recently bought a 92 750
    it has full vance and hines exhaust k&n intake kit and some sort of jet kit. how do i know which stage kit is in there? i have the carbs apart now going through carbs 101, there are numbers on the jets. mains are 137.5 RD pilots are 32.5 with a square shape before the numbers and emulsion tubes are marked 608 with that square shape again followed by Y-1

also does anyone have an extra emulsion tube for this? one of the threads got messed up during removal..

PM Arsenic....he has experience with carbs....he rebuilds them for fun...

Just kidding on the for fun thing...he does rebuild them for profit though...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

pilot jets - stock
      emulsion tubes - stock
      main jets - not a clue
      I do not have a tube BTW

Comment

weird that the jets are stock yet the needles are the adjustable type with the E clip? which normally come with a jet kit..

would the bike not start with these jets and the screws turned 2.25 turns out.
        or should it start anyway?
        Last edited by Rowdy; 06-17-2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
          weird that the jets are stock yet the needles are the adjustable type with the E clip? which normally come with a jet kit..

would the bike not start with these jets and the screws turned 2.25 turns out.
          or should it start anyway?
          Pilot jets are stock, but may have been drilled if a stage 3 was installed.

Main jets are alot larger than stock (105 and 110 on #3). Stage 1 Jet kit from Factory Pro comes with 107.5 and 112.5 on #3.

Those jet sizes sound more like a stage 3 kit was installed. If that is the case, your pilot jets either need to be replaced for stock sizing, or turn out the air/fuel screws to 4 -4.5.

If you can get a clear picture of one of the needles, that would help alot.

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 06-17-2009, 05:12 PM.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i have it all bact together now will take pics if i rip it apart again.

the needles have a bunch of slots and the E clip i believe is on the 3rd slot down from the top.. this bike ran but real crappy would only run with choke closed, and it was revving around 4k i could open choke slightly and het it to 1.5 or 2 k but would stall any more than that. which is why i decided to clean the carbs, they were filthy, now clean and assembled will not start, with screws turned out 2 and a half turns. which should i try in more or out more?

Comment

You did prime the carb's? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                You did prime the carb's? Right?
                yep

Comment

Well he said needle is on the 3rd clip from the top, which makes me think there are five total, which means DynoJet.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Well he said needle is on the 3rd clip from the top, which makes me think there are five total, which means DynoJet.

i didnt look too hard but i think there are 5 slots.

Comment

The a/f screws are set at what they should be. Air box sealed? Spark? I know my bike was hard to start on initial start up, but after that it was fine.
                      Last edited by Kfreak; 06-17-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

so 2.5 turns is ok range for that jet kit?
                        there are k&n pods 1 pod per 2 carbs (i know, i know omfg!! not k&n!) but it ran with them before. i will consider switching to sealed air box after i get it running. i did just order new plugs they should be in tomorrow. the plugs in there look decent, i have good spark and all 4 pipes got hot before i cleaned the carbs..

i really know nothing about bikes, but have alot of mechanic experience with cars..

thanks for all the input so far, really appreciate all the help..

Comment

When you cleaned the carb's, did you separate the carb bodies from each other?

Comment

i never seperated them but went through 2 cans of carb cleaner, and 1 can of compressed air

Comment

Did you change the emulsion tube that you messed with? Also did you put the "O" ring back in place that seals the tube to the carb body?

Comment

Working...
                              X