No announcement yet.
X

::flail::

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok FC either get off the pipe or share the goods!!!!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I dumped 3 liters of new oil all over my Opel's engine when I tried to fill it with a 5 litre container. And I was tired. It took me about 3 seconds to realize what I was doing from brain fade. I wrote it off to expensive rust protection.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
        I dumped 3 liters of new oil all over my Opel's engine when I tried to fill it with a 5 litre container. And I was tired. It took me about 3 seconds to realize what I was doing from brain fade. I wrote it off to expensive rust protection.
        Awwww man that musta smoked like a Biotch!!!!!!
        Joker
        sigpic

Comment

+1

Model F111

Won't keep you from making insufficient coffee-mistakes, but does make it less likely to happen...

I've poured part of a bottle through before I realized, but I generally drain the oil dump pan (back into bottles) before I start adding oil, so the pan is fairly clean...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            +1

Model F111

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet

Fits the Kats?
            Joker
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
              Fits the Kats?
              Yup. Best $25 service mod there is.

On the 98+ models, you need to take a dremel or a grinder to part of the raised ridge next to the oil pan drain bolt hole to provide the extra clearance to spin it in, but it's only a couple of minutes of work to do that.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wifey is gonna kill me! Im buyin up parts like no tomorrow lol. Krey found me a 4.5 rim, Mr Reed found me a number plate, Im about to buy tires chain N sprockets, now this! I will soon have to pay for a divorce once she see the bank records!!!
                Joker
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus View Post
                  <snicker> well at least you did not try to start it. I always double check things anymore.. can;t tel you the numebr of times i have done dumb stuff. Never try to cross connect a starter with a 20 ga wire.. the wire melts...
                  and when the insulation on the wire does start to smoke and melt, that's usually a good sign that it's time to LET GO. My finger tips hurt for about 3 days last time I did that jumping a starter solenoid and branded them, hanging on tight thinking "just a few more seconds, and she'll fire up".
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

ever think of an insulated screwdriver?
                    Joker
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes normally that or whatever wrench I have handy are my weapons of choice. When i did it, I was out running errands for the wife, and all I had was a small piece of wire in the trunk of the car.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

DOH that suxorz!!! Road side theres nothin you can do but make the best of what ya got! Cant bust your stones for doin what you had to do.
                        Joker
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                          ever think of an insulated screwdriver?
                          Yes but the wire was actaully connecting two wires to circumvent a guage. So i used a crossconnect wire i made with alligator clips. You know my first clue should have been the 16 guage wire going in one side of the guage and coming out the other.
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus View Post
                            Yes but the wire was actaully connecting two wires to circumvent a guage. So i used a crossconnect wire i made with alligator clips. You know my first clue should have been the 16 guage wire going in one side of the guage and coming out the other.
                            You know you can just go from the Hot to the activating circuit on that relay right? So it actaully uses the relay, not the jumper wire.
                            Originally posted by arsenic
                            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Many years ago a friend of mine thought he would be nice and change the oil in his fathers 79 cutlass. Well he also forgot to put the drain plug in. So to make matters worse, instead of calling someone to come take him to town to get more oil. He starts the car up and drives 3 miles to town. Then drives back before putting the oil in. I was headed to his house and saw him driving about 20 mph in a 55 mph zone with his hazards on so I followed him. Lets just say that anything with hydraulic lifters barely runs with no oil. This lucky b*****d puts the oil in it and starts it up. Not a knock not a noise at all. When they sold the car it had 170,000+ miles on it. If that would have been me there would have been parts scattered over hells half acre.
                              Last edited by SGTJimbo_Kat600; 06-18-2009, 04:40 PM. Reason: cuz I realized I can't spell
                              Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

I was changing the oil in this little lazer I had one time and the oil filter that the store sent to me was the wrong one. It looked lie it fit just fine and even tightened up. to make matters worse I had also just put 2 qts of lucas into it as well. As I was waiting for the oil preassure to come up I heard it have a small tap start so I shut it off and got out. It dumped all the oil and lucas into the floor. GREAT BIG MESS!!!!! Well lets just say you never will know what kind of mess you have to clean up till you have to clean that S**T up out of your shop floor while your boss laughs his tail end off at you

Comment

Working...
                                X