X

2000 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Katana 750

Hey, just bought my bike yesterday, had a quick question. For the reserve tank I can't tell which way the arrow has to be for off and on (the sticker was removed). Does the arrow on the knob need to be facing towards the front or back of the bike in order to have the reserve on?

Down is on, forward is reserve, rear is prime. (pretty sure that's it) WHere in cali are you?
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Up in Chico. Thanks for the response. Kinda new to bikes, if/when it starts sputtering, just turn the arrow to the front and I'll have like 1/2 a gallon? Do I leave it pointing down for everything else?

Comment

Read that link...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, but your reserve should be closer to a gallon. Keep it in the on position and flip to reserve if your fuel gauge gets in or close to the red. Prime will let fuel flow to the carbs all the time. Great to get fuel in there to help you start after a drop or you lose fuel from your carbs, but can mess up alot of chit otherwise.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Cool, I was right! I guess all that partying in HS didn't kill all my brain cells.
          Last edited by CenCalKat; 06-16-2009, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

The other post was correct for the 98+ Kats. Down for on forward towards front of bike for reserve and rear for prime.

On the non cali models on reserve you should have close to 1.5 to 1.6 gallons when you hit reserve I know mine does.
              If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X