Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Reporting Road Hazards (IN/OH/IL/FL) - pot holes, etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Road Hazards (IN/OH/IL/FL) - pot holes, etc.

ABATE legal services has set up an on-web road-hazard reporting system for certain states that let you file a road-hazard notice, which in turn gets sent to the appropriate government agency for road-repairs.
    It also gives them the leg-up on possible future accident/damage claims (as a legal service), since they now have a record of the filings sent through their service, which is why they absorb the costs of running the service and passing the notices to the gov't agencies. As far as us riders go, it's just a whole lot simpler to punch in the info there than it is to try to reach the appropriate road-works department manager locally

For Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Florida, see: www.roadhazard.org

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

That's great news for southwestern OH if it is effective. I could spend a day reporting issues just on the west side of Cincinnati, though.
    If it works, it's obsolete.
    Marshall McLuhan

Comment

this is great. I could just post every road in wv instead of line items. even with this stimulus money, i doubt much states have money for road repairs. But if a lawsuit is imminent then they might get it done.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

in PA it's 1-800-FIX-ROAD
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          That's awesome.

----

We don't get many pot holes in most of Florida (lack of hard freezing & freeze-based heaving), but when one starts to open, it gets amazingly deep in record time because the under-pinnings (foundation) are lime and it washes away/collapses very quickly in the tropical rains.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

For the record, I've had better luck contacting my local representative to complain about bad roads... but apparently the PennDOT line is staffed by real people.

It might not help in an accident... but it's certainly nice to be able to talk to a person about it.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Need somethin like that HERE . They been putting in gravel shoulders EVERYWHERE . But it seems the preferred method is to dump the gravel in the middle of the road , and let the cars sweep it to the side . Seriously . Someone's gonna get killed . When I get slammed by some gravel because of this , the state WILL be receiving a bill for parts .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                Never noticed you were so close.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

in southern california you dial 311 to report road damage
                  Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

Working...
                  X