X

Which tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tires?

So it's time to replace the front tire, I lean real hard to the left, I guess I feel more comfortable on that side, so I get some uneven wear on the front. Which are the best all season? I don't race it, just need something that is comfortable and sticks well, also something I don't have to worry about getting stuck in the rain with. Should I also replace the rear at the same time? it is not in bad shape, but they are both the stock tires with about 4600 miles on them, I figure it would be wise to do both at the same time and have them matched. Can I go any wider with them without making any mods? Thanks everyone, this site is great!!
    Life is to short, Ride hard!

You can go to the "Rolling Stock" section on the forum. Lots of info there. Good luck!
    D&K

Comment

its preferable to change both tires at the same time. Much better feel and control as far as which tires do what dogsandKats said.
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
        its preferable to change both tires at the same time. Much better feel and control as far as which tires do what dogsandKats said.
        it might be preferable, but is it really practical? I never do that because my rear wears much faster than my front. If I changed the front each time I changed the rear, I would be tossing away perfectly good tires.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I think that may be more so if your switching brands. I swapped out both my Z6s at once, the front's still good for a few more K but I wanted a fresh set for the gap.

After riding down there I think it was a good idea.
          Kyle

Comment

Calling Cyber!!! are you there Cyber? LOL
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Most of the time the front tire lasts two rear tires, so I replace the front every two rears
              Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

Either go with the Metzlers Z6 or the Perilli Diablo Strada's, basicaly the same tires.

At www.americanmototire.com the prices are as follows....

Metzlers-
                Front - 120/60/17 - $86.76

Front - 120/70/17 - $89.32

Rear - 150/70/17 - $108.70

Rear - 160/60/17 - $107.67

Diablo Strada's -

Front - 120/60/17 - $79.03

Front - 120/70/17 - $81.35

Rear - 150/70/17 - $97.69

Rear - 160/60/17 - $99.36

I live in MN, and shipping was going to run me about 20 bucks for both tires.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                X