X

Birds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds!

Is it just me or are birds crazy? I always seem to be dodging kamikaze birds that get a couple feet from you before they decide to change direction. I am just waiting for the day I get the bird who got an F in flight training and get nailed going 65.

Has anybody hit one? Does it feel like a baseball hit you?

I guess they are just adrenaline junkies like us!

Waterboy

haven't been hit by a bird but I had a really close call with a hawk. It swooped down at me but turned at the last second missing my should by a fraction of an inch. If it had hit me full on in the chest I imagine it would've knocked me off my bike
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

caught a bird the other day...luckily in my car...he cleared the hood, but the exterior antenna got him good. it's a one piece stainless steel one and ended up wrapping around him and throwing him into my windshield *whomp!* *feathers everywhere* and a carcass rolling behind me on the pavement...had to straighten the antenna out after. think i would have felt that pretty well if i were on the kat.
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

Yup, I was hit by a HUGE bird with about a 5 ft. wingspan. He was carrying a rabbit which exploded all over my leathers. When he hit me, I felt it, but it didn't hurt. It could be a huge distraction for some though, which I guess could cause a crash.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Caught a bird in the shoulder once at about 70. Don't know what it was but it turned into a puff of feathers. Right shoulder looked I had been shooting a 12 gauage without a recoil pad.

Comment

i've hit a small bird befor and it hurt like hell hit me right in tha tittie on the tollway. i would say dont down play it but maybe it matters how fast and how u hit it makes a diff.
            shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

i seem to have more kamikaze birds with i use the blue mirrored shield, dont know why, but im just happy they dont dookie on my shield

Comment

Never hit a bird before, or even come close.

But squirrels around here like to commit suicide-by-Katana.
                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                90 GSXR 750/1216
                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                sigpic

Comment

I have came close to kamkaze birds but no luck yet. Suicidal squirrels on the other hand have been judged and executed but my front and rear tires.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobkat420 View Post

Has anybody hit one? Does it feel like a baseball hit you?
                    Yeah, at about 125. Felt like someone hit me in the lid with a hammer. I tried to duck and went between the windscreen and right mirror caught the right side of my visor. It looked like an explosion of feathers and bird innards went everywhere. It knocked the right side of the visor (EXO700) out of the helmet and I was able to stop and put it back on. The body of the bird hit my left shoulder/bicep area and bruised it, you could see a foot imprint on my arm for a couple of days. Right before I hit it I could have sworn it was a terradactryl but I went back and looked and it was the size of a large Mockingbird or a small crow.

JHILDE
                    Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Wow that sounds rough LOL
                      '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

Yup, took one to the neck a few years ago, the right side of my neck was bruised. And no, it didn't feel good at all.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

This bird is a different kind of crazy. She didn't hit me, she built a nest in my bike! I can stand there working on it and she just looks at me.
                          It's ironic that she's not scared of kats

Comment

Originally posted by electriKAT View Post
                            This bird is a different kind of crazy. She didn't hit me, she built a nest in my bike! I can stand there working on it and she just looks at me.
                            It's ironic that she's not scared of kats

I have been close more than once to being nailed by turkeys, and birds....never actually hit one though thankfully....I am sure someday the Kat will have a bird for lunch
                            vwvortex.com : jettajake00
                            midmoriders.com :jettajake00
                            Go Cardinals!

Comment

I hit a rather large june bug once... it hurt.
                              My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

Working...
                              X