X

wreck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wreck

So I was at the shop today and saw a gixxer with a insainely nice custom paint job on it. Also to many custom parts to list. The only problem was the custom parts were barely hanging on and the custom paint job had custom gouges, scratches and gaps in it. Turns out the guy just had the work done (thousands) and downed the bike. He will be ok, just literally needs a new knee, skin ect...Wake up call for me, I just started riding my newly purchased 97 kat after a 5 year + break from all bikes.
    I think its a good thing to be reminded how things can go wrong awfully fast so that I take extra precautions to be as safe as possible. That being said I still kiss my 5 month old and 5 year old every time before I go out.

Yeah, you always have to wear the gear.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Good gear is cheap in the bigger picture.
      And gear has come an awefully long ways since I started riding 26 years ago (and even just in the last eight years or so on the Kats). While leather is still king (and probably always will be), armor systems to go inside the outfits (CE-certified hard armor) is just amazing... look at any MotoGP or WSB accident and notice guys getting up from accidents that would kill an unprotected rider on the street...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Jeez that sucks. Well it's good to post these things to remind us all we aren't invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          Good gear is cheap in the bigger picture.
          And gear has come an awefully long ways since I started riding 26 years ago (and even just in the last eight years or so on the Kats). While leather is still king (and probably always will be), armor systems to go inside the outfits (CE-certified hard armor) is just amazing... look at any MotoGP or WSB accident and notice guys getting up from accidents that would kill an unprotected rider on the street...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

Yep, it can happen to any of us, wear your gear and be careful.
            sigpic

Comment

This is very true about how things can go wrong very quickly i just thrashed my nice a** kat 2 days ago i still dont know what happened.
              92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
              01 mercury cougar
              00 cougar black
              sigpic

Comment

Well, it's summer here in Albuquerque, so you all know what that means!! YEAH - time to ride in shorts, tank-tops, and sandals. Or flip-flops if you have them. Oh, and forget that helmet, it's too hot.
                Seriously. I've seen them all. And a few people riding with all (none?) of them - tank-top, shorts, no helmet, flip-flops - and one was on a 'Busa.
                Be safe or stay away from me.

Comment

Even bad gear is better than none at all, wear the gear!

Originally posted by ironhorse View Post
                  Well, it's summer here in Albuquerque, so you all know what that means!! YEAH - time to ride in shorts, tank-tops, and sandals. Or flip-flops if you have them. Oh, and forget that helmet, it's too hot.
                  Seriously. I've seen them all. And a few people riding with all (none?) of them - tank-top, shorts, no helmet, flip-flops - and one was on a 'Busa.
                  Be safe or stay away from me.
                  Oh, and I see it everyday in socal, dumb asses!
                  Last edited by smartone1971; 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

ya, but the hotter it gets the worse its gonna get,, as well as the regular tards with no gear
                    shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

near where i live cheap armoured padded mesh jacket and pants can be bought for about 110.00 so theres no excuse. and the mesh without the liner is still not bad even in the heat since air can get thru.
                      98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X