No announcement yet.
X

I accidently waved at a scooter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wave at cops and surprizingly they wave back. I need to get on their good side.

oh yeah i retracted a few scooter waves. felt a little dirty

Comment

I waved at a guy on one of these on the weekend:

Cool in a weird, space alien kind of way.

Look, stoppie!

1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

been there done that.

Comment

Hmm.. I don't wave to anyone until they wave at me, lol. So I've never really had this issue before. But I do feel embarrassed for them when a 30 year old 200lb guy pulls up to a spot light and I pull up on a real bike next to him. I feel like I shame them..

Comment

Originally posted by BobCarter View Post
            I'm sorry guys, but a real man needs to ride a bike that has a gas tank between his legs...not ride something where your knees touch each other...gross. Just looks girly.
            Sounds like you are compensating to me. With that attitude, it's time to pick up a 'Busa with an extended swingarm, or maybe just a Harley.

I'm all for whatever it takes to get one more cage off the road.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
              Hmm.. I don't wave to anyone until they wave at me, lol. So I've never really had this issue before. But I do feel embarrassed for them when a 30 year old 200lb guy pulls up to a spot light and I pull up on a real bike next to him. I feel like I shame them..
              LOL, that hilarious. I wish I could find some HAWT chics to ride with around here just to see the looks they get.

As far as a scooter, as long as it didnt come from Sam's Club in a box Ill wave.

I did have a guy on about a 150cc scooter offer me the "you ride mine and Ill ride yours" at a gas station the other day. LMAO
              '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                I wave at scooters every time I see them. Agreed, it's like holding your developmentally challenged little brothers hand in the mall while he wipes away drool with your shirt and banters loudly about having to poop- but still.
                +1
                WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                We Will Always remember!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                  Agreed, it's like holding your developmentally challenged little brothers hand in the mall while he wipes away drool with your shirt and banters loudly about having to poop- but still.
                  That's funny, I think one of my coworkers is your little brother.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
                    LOL, that hilarious. I wish I could find some HAWT chics to ride with around here just to see the looks they get.

As far as a scooter, as long as it didnt come from Sam's Club in a box Ill wave.

I did have a guy on about a 150cc scooter offer me the "you ride mine and Ill ride yours" at a gas station the other day. LMAO
                    I remember going to Sam's Club as a kid and BEGGING my parents for the go-kart they had on display, virtually every Christmas. And every single time they would say the same thing... "No, sweetheart, wouldn't you rather a pretty doll? Or maybe a new dress?"

Comment

LOL...

Seriously, I had a buddy in HS with one of those scooters from Sams in a box. I still remember what it had on the side of the box. It said "Its hot, its cool, its the coolest ride in town". LMAO. Thing was like 399.99 and street legal.

The thing would do 28mph or 32 with a tail wind or down a hill. He was so stupid he rode that sucker like 20 miles through busy roads to his girlfriends house several times a wekk. It took him like 2 hours to get there.

Get this. It came pre assembled. Yes, IN the box it was fully together.
                      '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

Burgmans move.....My dad has been riding bikes for 35+ years, and his current bike (for the last couple years) is a Honda Silverwing-very similar...and they do 110 mph, 600+cc of "scooter"....albeit IMHO is still a scooter, but definitely not your average putt putt scooter...it is simply a bike targeted for older riders who want automatics and dont want to have to swing their legs over a gas tank anymore....and gets optimal mileage-upwards of 60+mpg with a rightly sized rider
                        Now, my dad is 6'2, 230ish, so the Silverwing is a little bit on the small side for him for very long rides, or if he needs to carry a passenger it is not the most comfy being as small as it is...so he is looking to sell and get back on a bigger bike...
                        but still, it is 2 wheels, so I don't look down upon it and will wave at them, they just aren't the same type of 2 wheels we ride
                        Last edited by jettajake00; 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM.
                        vwvortex.com : jettajake00
                        midmoriders.com :jettajake00
                        Go Cardinals!

Comment

i usually have at anyone on two wheels....except bikes, but thats because i dont be thinking about it.
                          Godspeed
                          CSBA #1167
                          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
                            LOL...

Seriously, I had a buddy in HS with one of those scooters from Sams in a box. I still remember what it had on the side of the box. It said "Its hot, its cool, its the coolest ride in town". LMAO. Thing was like 399.99 and street legal.

The thing would do 28mph or 32 with a tail wind or down a hill. He was so stupid he rode that sucker like 20 miles through busy roads to his girlfriends house several times a wekk. It took him like 2 hours to get there.

Get this. It came pre assembled. Yes, IN the box it was fully together.
                            Oh man I'm jealous! I wish I had his parents growing up!!

Comment

I wave to just about everyone on 2 or 3 wheels.
                              sigpic
                              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

We used to have a Honda Silverwing at the shop at work. I took it for a spin in the parking lot once and it felt super WEIRD! I just felt like I was sitting up way too high. That was the one & only time I wanted to ride it. It just didn't feel right. Like I was sitting on a chair. My bike feels much better.
                                'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                                ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                                ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X