No announcement yet.
X

I accidently waved at a scooter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck, I wave at all of 'em. Doesn't bother me. One of my friends has a little scoot, we tear the crap out of that thing, it's actually pretty fun.
    sigpic

Comment

Bob, If it is any consolation, I have done the same. I saw a whole bunch of plastic in front of a couple wheels and thought it had to be a sport bike. Dual head lights would have thrown me off, too. I yanked my hand back onto the handlebar and thought, "Man, I hope nobody saw me wave at that scooter". I see the majority of replies here are the "why not wave?" variety, but I guess I come from a different time and place.

Comment

what if the scooter rider used to have a 1000cc super bike and got hit by a cager and all he can ride now is a scooter because he might a prostetic?

i waive at them all unless they arent protected... people who squids i dont waive no matter what they ride
        97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
        94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

I wave.
          It scares them.
          sigpic

Comment

At 582cc, I'm sure it'll outrun a few choppers. . .

. . . and then we always complain about how SS riders mock us for our Can-o-tuna's, but we can outride them (miles and comfort). . . yada yada yada.

You guys deserve to be mocked by every supersport if you rag on scooters. So long as they keep up with traffic and stay out of the way (ie 50cc scooters), they pose no harm to us. If anything, it's one less squid getting killed on a supersport. It's the judgemental mindset that makes the average guy go out and get an R1 for a first bike and kill himself.

Kudos for someone who has the balls to buy something that isn't more than what they need.
            WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

2 weeks ago on the moorpark -ojai bike run a old guy passed me going over 70 mph on a pink vespa , on a back road ..at the stop sign he said it will go 90 and a other guy was doing a bike review on the yamaha t-max 500 $8555 scoot said it goes 110 mph ...some pincy little whells going fast

Comment

Youd be a bit suprised if you got passed by a scooter doing that! http://2strokebuzz.com/?p=2871
                Last edited by JokerZwild; 06-10-2009, 02:50 AM.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

[QUOTE=Sasquatch;1737772]Hey, it doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

QUOTE]
                  Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

i'll wave at anyone who waves at me.
                    < you wave a single finger i wave a finger > ect. i hear ya on the peeps starting with a scoot but y not start on an older 600 or 750 wouldnt that really be more of a learing tool than a scoot? + you could track it when u move up to a bigger bike
                    shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

Alotta people dont have a place to put them.(Full sized bikes) Perhaps an apt, condo, city town house ect. Scoots are a great way to get around cheap if your needs keep you off the freeways. Working for the cable co. Ive seen plenty of folks that keep them indoors, Front hallways, back bed rooms. I know that for some people it may not be what they want but its exactly what they need. And some of these big 600ccs can fly!
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

thats no crap. at least they dont think there better than us. why because they paid more for the over priced pos that has to be worked on ever time they ride! i wave to them all. sometimes even a harley waves back.
                        Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
                          I wave at 'em all the time.

Makes them feel a little less goofy?
                          +2

Tok

Comment

Originally posted by Just5cents View Post

no offense to you honda riders out there
                            ok... seriously... what in the hell is that thing on the back of the scooter with the guy!?!?!? is it a dog with some crazy hairstyle??? or just a really really ugly chick that belongs in a bigfoot documentary? and whatever it is... what is it doing on the back of a scooter? especially if it's a dog!!!
                            2004 Katana
                            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I got passed by a scooter on I70 doing about 80. Guy was in full gear from head to toe. Kind of shocking!

Then there are two boys who ride a scoot 2 up around town, and they should know better. I mean c'mon, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTJ View Post
                                ok... seriously... what in the hell is that thing on the back of the scooter with the guy!?!?!? is it a dog with some crazy hairstyle??? or just a really really ugly chick that belongs in a bigfoot documentary? and whatever it is... what is it doing on the back of a scooter? especially if it's a dog!!!
                                It's a Wookie, duh...

Comment

Working...
                                X