X

Rob a Bank – Their Cameras are Useless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob a Bank – Their Cameras are Useless

So today I was out riding around and decided to stop at my bank and deposit my paycheck. I figured I might as well since I should pay my motorcycle insurance, which is due next week, once I get back home. This will be funny/sad/ironic later on in the story. I go into the bank, endorse, chat it up with some lady, take a free lollipop and exit. When I get outside, not 60 seconds later, there is a guy yelling to me from the bus stop – the bank is on Main St. Now, this is not unusual when you ride a sports bike AND have a vagina, so I sort of brushed him off. But he kept saying the words “knocked over”, which naturally caught my attention. Bus stop guy told me that a green SUV had backed into my bike while I was in the bank, knocked it over, picked it back up and drove away 5 seconds before I came out of the bank.

Now those of you familiar with the last time someone hit something of mine and left the scene know that I WILL locate this douche. If you’re not familiar please reference to past Enjay Threads J Anywho, I call the police and I’m waiting for them to come (90 minutes!! Thank God I wasn’t mugged ) and I look up to see none other then a surveillance camera. So being the person I am, I go in and demand to see the footage. I figure the time stamp on my receipt says I was in there at 2:29 and I knew I was only there for no more then 2 minutes so the footage had to be between 2:27 and 2:29. They won’t let me see it but they will let the officer once he arrives. Fair enough.

The damage to the bike really isn’t that serious but to me it’s all about the principle at this point. It was hit on the left side and tipped on the right. So there is a scratch on the rear cowl of the SUV’s green paint and then the side fairings on the right are all scratched. The throttle lever almost is completely off, with metal pieces peeled back – which who cares because I was going to replace them this week The hand brake is broken almost in half and my solo cowl is chipped and cracked. The Yoshi is scratched up a little. All in all it’s really not that bad, I’ll add pictures.

So the cop comes up to me and immediately right off the bat he says “Someone hit your bike and left? I hate that stuff. I’ve got a 750 Ninja.” Perfect. He goes in and reviews the footage and tells me that the camera doesn’t have a zoom feature so he can’t see the license plate! But get this!! The footage shows him back into the bike, jump out and try to lift it up. He can’t so he grabs a guy walking along minding his own business off the street and asks him to help… which he does. Then they both go on their way. HA. Nothing says “morals” like assisting in a crime and helping to cover it up.

Anyways, the cop says there isn’t much to do but he will scope the area for a car matching the description and a guy with… wait for it…. ORANGE CROCS. Don’t even get me started on that part, haha. I get the police report and decide to ride it home which is only about 10 blocks.

Once I get back home I started thinking to myself in true Sherlock mode, wait a second. If there is footage of the guy getting in the SUV then there has to be footage of him at the teller too. So I ride back over to the bank – in my car J - and ask to see the tape or ask if they can look to see the “perp” in orange crocs. Apparently the driver was actually just dropping off his friend to run in so we were able to figure out his friends address, the guy who is a client at the bank. At this point they can’t give me the man’s address, likely in fear that I will go over and take a bat to his POS green SUV, but they call the officer who came to the scene and give him the info.

A few hours go by when the cop rolls up to my house grinning. Apparently he drove around and around the address to see if the SUV would come back at any point. He was actually driving past the car when he saw it, turned around and followed him. He was just about to put on his lights when the guy rolled through a stoplight so then he lit him up at the next intersection. Before the cop got out of the car, after getting him pulled over, the guy jumped out and said “I was going to call the police! I swear I was!” The officer told me at this point he was pretty annoyed, and no, he wasn’t going to call anyone it had been 3 hours since it happened and all he had to do was wait for me to come out of the bank or leave a note. Ironically, looking back at the time – I must have been in line with his little friend/accomplice in the bank but just wasn’t paying attention. So the officer got all of his info and issued him 4 tickets: dismissing a stop sign, damaging personal property, leaving the scene of an accident and evading police for failure to bring a crime to their attention.

Victory is mine baby!

Last time I had my bike knocked over like this – again, see previous threads – I got a nice little check for about $2500, I believe. Since my bike is paid off, that insurance money will go straight to my bank account… but I’ll be driving my car to deposit it

Thanks random people who don’t look behind them while backing up. I really appreciate you allowing me to have no motorcycle payments and then some.

Soooo that Triumph Datyona 675 is looking pretty sweet right about now, eh?

Sweet, I'd never be that lucky!!

Comment

orange crocs? wow thats queer. sucks about your bike but awesome the guy got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
        So today I was out riding around and decided to stop at my bank and deposit my paycheck. I figured I might as well since I should pay my motorcycle insurance, which is due next week, once I get back home. This will be funny/sad/ironic later on in the story. I go into the bank, endorse, chat it up with some lady, take a free lollipop and exit. When I get outside, not 60 seconds later, there is a guy yelling to me from the bus stop – the bank is on Main St.
        Code:
        Now, this is not unusual when you ride a sports bike AND have a vagina
        , so I sort of brushed him off. But he kept saying the words “knocked over”, which naturally caught my attention. Bus stop guy told me that a green SUV had backed into my bike while I was in the bank, knocked it over, picked it back up and drove away 5 seconds before I came out of the bank.
        Was hard to finish the story when I was cracking up at the statement I wrapped code tags around in the quote above...hard to read through tears of laughter.....

Love it!
        sigpic

Comment

hmmm....maybe if I had a Vagina stuff like that would happen to me...
          sigpic

Comment

Enjay, you and I have got to get together for a little stealth and confront work. We'd clean up Binghamton and Garden Grove in no time, flat!

Good work!
            sigpic

Comment

Nice results! Some people really are d-bags...Just fess up and pay for it...or get caught, and get in worse trouble than paying for an honest mistake...oh, and learn how to back up vehicle without hitting things...

anyways at least you came out on top quite well and the bag was caught
              vwvortex.com : jettajake00
              midmoriders.com :jettajake00
              Go Cardinals!

Comment

Good to hear ya got em'. Also watch out for old people. They are notorious for hitting things and leaving. I watched an old buzzard pull into a parking spot and swipe someone's car from rear to front and get out and walk away like it never happened. Yeah, I waited for the owner of the car and buzzard to come back. That just freakin' annoys me.

Comment

Good joy Yo.. H8 D-bag hit and runners!
                  sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                  '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                  '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

hahahahaha thats awesome! Great job on finding the guy!

Comment

there is a guy yelling to me from the bus stop – the bank is on Main St. Now, this is not unusual when you ride a sports bike AND have a vagina
                      your my favorite person ever!
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                        Enjay, you and I have got to get together for a little stealth and confront work. We'd clean up Binghamton and Garden Grove in no time, flat!

Good work!

Lol, I'm totally game for that. I try to think of myself as a crime stopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                          this is not unusual when you ride a sports bike AND have a vagina,

LMAO! Quote of the year.

So glad they nailed him. Good luck. I hope all goes well.
                          '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

This is almost close enough for when Leno used to do his stupid criminals skits. Im glad he got caught though that just rediculous and with me living so close he could of done the same to me. Goodjob with the detective skills

Comment

i bet a zillion dollars if it was a man and one bit mad they would just say get out and go make a police report

Comment

Working...
                              X