Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

First weekend really riding since my purchase...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First weekend really riding since my purchase...

And Im already noticing the disrespect of sport bikes all the way across the board. Ive had standards and a Gold Wing prior to the Kat. Ive always given the qwik "motorcycle hand wave" when seeing an oncoming biker. I seen a bunch of riders out this weekend on any of my several rides adding up to around 200 miles. Id say a GOOD 50% of Harley and cruisers wouldnt even return it or never waved so I didnt wave at them. Sounds petty I know but I love all types of bikes and riders. I even had a guy on a big custom with ape hangers dog my bike. I was admiring his and telling him how gorgeous I thought it was and he said "yeah Im in a motorcycle "gang" and could get you in but you are riding the wrong kind of bike" I was like LMAO...those arent the kind of people I would ride with anyways...WTF, a "gang", what are you 12 years old? Of course somewhere in our conversation something was said about bags of rice.

Of course cage drivers all eye balling you and thinking you are some sort of degenerate.

Had a SQUID on a SV650 try and race me through heavy traffic and a 35mph speed limit.....I can blame him I guess. He isnt helping anything change.
    '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

yeah I get the same feeling when I ride my kat, I definatly get dirtier looks from all the moms and kids when i cruise though a school or playgorund area, rather then before when I rode my little '79 Kawasaki KZ400. As far as the wave I get a miz of both some harley riders are just snobs and won't wave but I always throw a wave out to any biker i see cause you never know.
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

Gang?!?!?! Uh...okay.

I just wave at em all. if they don't wave back it's no big deal.
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Don't fret too much over it - Harley riders CAN'T let go of their bars, they'd wind up either low or high-siding. I always wave, but know most don't bother, cause I'm a blur to most of em anyway!
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

^^^
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You mean KatRiders isn't a gang? Hmmm... Guess I gotta throw away my gang hats, tshirts and sticks...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I get a lot of different bike people to wave, all kinds of makes, including Harleys-sometimes they initiate, sometimes I do....
              I will say I have experienced a lot of Harley riders (or cruiser/chopper style) not return the wave, and I just remember how close minded and rediculous some people are...they probably do the same for all "crotch rockets" not just Kats....oh well, whatever...
              As I have said before, respectable riders are the ones who appreciate 2 wheels, no matter what the style/age/make.....my $.02
              Last edited by jettajake00; 06-08-2009, 04:27 PM.
              vwvortex.com : jettajake00
              midmoriders.com :jettajake00
              Go Cardinals!

Comment

I like to give the big douchebag wave when I think they won't wave back. Sit straight up, left arm over your head and flail your hand around wildly in their direction. You might just get a laugh
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  I like to give the big douchebag wave when I think they won't wave back. Sit straight up, left arm over your head and flail your hand around wildly in their direction. You might just get a laugh

LMAO!!

Cyberpoet...Ill order some "gang" gear soon. LOL
                  '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

I dont ever initiate the wave but Ill wave at anyone who does to me. I dont even bother with harely riders or cruiser folks. I always wave back though at anyone on any bike who waves at me.

I ride the Kat and it get very little attention. When I ride my KTM down my street the kids all run after me and beg me to wheelie etc. I think my orange gear may be a little loud =)

Comment

Yeah, I wave all the time, and I noticed that other sportbike riders in my area almost always wave, big cruisers like Goldwings and such rarely do, and some of the custom cruisers are 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                      X