X

Stoping for people that wave at you to stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoping for people that wave at you to stop

Im pretty sure its happened to some of us. What do yall do and or say? It happened to me the other day, I was helping a friend move stuff in to his new house and neighborhood. took a break and jumped on the bike with my D&D in second gear strolled threw the new place. On my way back some man waved me down asking if I was lost, I tel him Im helping friend move in and you will see me more often and gave me the old " I know how you kids like to ride these things and there are kids always playing" talk. He wasn't mad just warning me. So anyways Today I was going home past a curve( I usually kinda speed threw there in 2nd) and this D bag is really trying to wave me down but I just keep on going I dont want to get possibly rear ended there. I just wanted to know what you all would do in these situations.
    sigpic

only going to stop if i know the person, or if it is a rider in distress.

Comment

Wave back at them and keep going.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
        Wave back at them and keep going.
        Let's go riding!

Comment

Comment

I just keep going, you ever get those people in traffic that just are ****ed off to see you on a bike period? I love those people cuz i love tormenting them XD

Comment

Never had it happen on the bike. In the car a couple of times. Stupid people just trying to accuse me of speeding through a neighborhood. I have kids. I don't speed for the same reasons I don't expect people to speed past my house.

On the bike? Wouldn't stop. If I'm on fire, I'll know it. If there is a cop or ambulance behind me, I'll know it. Otherwise, I don't care what they have to say.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

one in every crowd

Yeah I got a D-bag around the corner from me as well. I was rolling around the block after makin a few adjustments never breaking 30 as I go as Im trying to listen to something on the bike. This knuckle head feels compelled to jump in his truck and ride around till he found me. As Im sitting out front with my neighbor (he was helping me with the bike.) This guy starts yelling at me Screaming that Im doing 60 past his house. And there are kids all over I coulda took one out!! (Its was 1:00 Pm on a school day no kids were even home yet) I waited till he finished his rant, Chuckling with my buddy the whole time. And Politely told him. Your not talking to some 16 yr old kid, Infact there all still in school. So do us both a favor Drive home go kick the dog, beat the wife, call the cops and tell them everything you just told me. Then you can let them tell you to mind your own F**KIN Buisness TOO!!! Have a nice day! As he drove away I happened to notice his back window had a Big IMPORTS SUCK! Decal..... Figgured
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Having seen people get car-jacked, I just wave most of the time, unless there's obviously some form of emergency they need help with (or if it's someone I know)...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I get people yelling at me to slow down all the time when I'm driving through my business partners neighborhood. The funny thing is I'm usually going around 15mph in a 25mph zone around there, just because I know there's some young kids usually playing in the front yards and driveways lol.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

I only stop if it's a cute guy. Seriously.

Comment

Got yelled at today for going to fast.... I was parked!....

I was polite, but pretty much told the old bat to **** off.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I get people looking at me when I take my son out, even had a neighbor say he too young to ride. Funny since another neighbor is a cop and he just waves... lol, We never go out of the neighborhood and the speed limit is 30, i stay under 30, but he is small, just 6yrs old and wants to ride.. He has fun and waves at people...

And yes he has a helmet on...
                          Last edited by smitty600; 06-07-2009, 10:31 PM.
                          2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

I almost got bike - jacked. . . one guy waved me down and before I knew it I was surrounded by his "homies." I left the scene in a hurry and ran over someone's foot in the process. . . I was lucky no body grabbed me when I launched the bike. . . this happened in LA, and yeah, you should be VERY careful who you stop for.
                            WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by smitty600 View Post
                              I get people looking at me when I take my son out, even had a neighbor say he too young to ride. Funny since another neighbor is a cop and he just waves... lol, We never go out of the neighborhood and the speed limit is 30, i stay under 30, but he is small, just 6yrs old and wants to ride.. He has fun and waves at people...

And yes he has a helmet on...
                              I used to ride around the woods with my son sitting on the tank of my YZ80 and atv's tearing it up on the trails when he was 5, started running the kids back and forth to the school bus on the bike when he was 6 and my daughter was 8 sitting on the tank, then eventually the back seat once they got big enough that I felt they weren't going to fall off. They always had at least pants and a helmet on, and we did stay reasonably close to the speed limits. We're also out in the middle of nowhere instead of in a city, so there's never any traffic.
                              John,
                              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X