No announcement yet.
X

Stoping for people that wave at you to stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point .. I mean my ZZR looks like it's going around 90 or so just sitting still LOL
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
      Having seen people get car-jacked, I just wave most of the time, unless there's obviously some form of emergency they need help with (or if it's someone I know)...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet

Living in SoCal... I concur.
      sigpic

Comment

I had a guy follow me home to tell me to slow down because there are kids in the neighborhood. He waited for me to get my helmet off and my headphones out just to tell me that. It was 11 PM on a weeknight, and there is only one house on the street with kids, and they are about 4-6 years old. I was doing about thirty, but I was in second gear. Must've sounded fast. I'm not a parent, but shouldn't your kids at least be inside at that time of night?

I asked the guy if he knew what time it was, he said 11. I told him he better go home and make sure his kids aren't playing in the street. He said they are asleep, and I just looked at him. He drove off not saying anything else.

But as far as stopping, nope not happening, with the few exceptions already mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by justyn View Post
          I had a guy follow me home to tell me to slow down because there are kids in the neighborhood. He waited for me to get my helmet off and my headphones out just to tell me that. It was 11 PM on a weeknight, and there is only one house on the street with kids, and they are about 4-6 years old. I was doing about thirty, but I was in second gear. Must've sounded fast. I'm not a parent, but shouldn't your kids at least be inside at that time of night?

I asked the guy if he knew what time it was, he said 11. I told him he better go home and make sure his kids aren't playing in the street. He said they are asleep, and I just looked at him. He drove off not saying anything else.

But as far as stopping, nope not happening, with the few exceptions already mentioned.
          And he was probably texting his wife telling her why he was going to be home late while following you
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

A buddy with a GSXR 600 and I were riding in the country, on a road with few spots to pass someone in front of you....Now I follow people from a distance, and the first real good chance I get to safely gun it around them I will take....I take my chance and pass this little Mazda on a short straight, and my buddy behind me gets up close to their rear end I guess, then he makes his move....We stop at the next intersection we come to, and are at the stop sign, traffic around us (deputy being one of the passing cars)...The passenger of the car waves at us, then starts yelling smack out the window "You people need to get real bikes, I'll show you how to ride with my Harley-those crotch rockets aint nothin but pieces of $hit!"....
            So I say, ok sir, I'm sure....not really looking for trouble, happen to be in a good mood (younger days, or if I happened to be in a slight mood I would have put the stand down and got off very defensively ready to throw) so I calmy say, "I have friends with Harley's and I don't go calling their bikes $hit, so let's be fair here, and what is the problem?" then he gets out of car, walks toward me, and says, "You weren't my problem, you were in the lead and were fine, but your pal got on our a$$ and startled my girl driving"...so my friend apologizes, man and I shake hands, and we are on our way....

I think it went well that time....but my friend may have learned to not get right on someone before a pass (plus his exhaust is very loud so that might have intensified the whole thing)
            Last edited by jettajake00; 06-08-2009, 03:51 PM.
            vwvortex.com : jettajake00
            midmoriders.com :jettajake00
            Go Cardinals!

Comment

I've told off snowmobilers with the stingers on for that same reason before. Sitting on trailside with my kids .. you can hear them coming from a ways off .. they all slow down and then crack it open right next to us .. scared the crap outta my kids and I was NOT happy at that. Would it have killed them to wait until they were a hundred feet or so up the trail to do that ****?? When we caught up to them I gave em a right blast, and they were appologetic, which was nice.
              2008 ZZR 600 (His)
              Black
              Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
              Red
              Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Sounds like if I ever stop for someone again I better be in a nice enuf mood or have mace or er uh gun, my bro yesterday was going threw some Richy neighborhood and some old fart following him. so my bro turns to his friends house and the old fart blocks the only road to get out ( these are situations at which I would like to have an equalizer ) my bro ask what the eff gives!? and he said he was driving to fast, durr. my bro didnt know it but old fart had called the police and they were pretty much already there. guess the old dude was trying some type of citizens arrest but the cops told him they didnt see it so move ur truck or get ticket!
                Man if someone ever tied to put BS citizens arrest on me I would black out with adrenaline craze and act a real fool....probably
                sigpic

Comment

I don't stop until I get to my destination. Period.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I just had some guy come up to me and start yelling at me while I was warming up my bike because he "was trying to watch TV" and apparently my bike was disturbing him. Hopefully he doesn't mess with my bike (only street parking at my apartment).
                    sigpic
                    »Ross Wendell
                    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I never stop unless I know them....and I carry just in case. Besides, our bikes look like they go fast just sitting there. People are just too ignorant to realize that.
                      Are we riding yet?

Comment

I was getting my gear on while my bike was warming up the other day at work (where i park is the end of a vestibule that has a bay door that was open.) A coworker tells me that someone complained to him I was 'revving' my bike outside, to which he replied 'You don't know the difference between revving and idling, what kind of a man are you?' Earned himself a big high five lol
                        ----------------------------------
                        1992 GSX600f
                        1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                          I don't stop for any jackass waving at me to stop. If it were an emergency situation, I would stop, but to be honest, 98% of the people have access to a cell phone, and can call for help.

Sorry, but I'm not getting jacked by some crack head because I wanted to be nice.
                          Ok, I have to give some details.

I was riding home one day from a local shopping center, when I came upon traffic, and saw a woman down in the middle of an intersection..obviously an emergency situation. I pulled my bike on to the sidewalk, got off, and asked if anyone had called the police and paramedics. One person said they did, but no one even approached the woman to see if she was even some what ok.

I walked over to her, took off my leather, and draped it over her (to help keep her warm).

When the police and paramedics got there, they asked who's leather jacket it was, and I responded mine. I got some thanks for quick thinking and the help (I did NOT attempt to move her), for keeping her warm.

As it happened, she was riding her bicycle and a car turning left infront of her left her no choice but to hit the car..she hit the ground (pavement) face first, broke her nose, jaw, and all of her teeth in the front of her mouth.

I did what came naturally, and got a nice thanks from the firemen, police, paramedics, and a Doctor. Other people around said they were "afraid" to help her because they feared getting SUED!

WTF People??! You are afraid to help because you might get sued?? You are nothing but weak willed *** hats..no offense, but come on, you see someone laying in the middle of the road, and you just sit there?

God help me, if I ever get into a bad accident..I truly hope someone like me is around to help.
                          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                            Ok, I have to give some details.

I was riding home one day from a local shopping center, when I came upon traffic, and saw a woman down in the middle of an intersection..obviously an emergency situation. I pulled my bike on to the sidewalk, got off, and asked if anyone had called the police and paramedics. One person said they did, but no one even approached the woman to see if she was even some what ok.

I walked over to her, took off my leather, and draped it over her (to help keep her warm).

When the police and paramedics got there, they asked who's leather jacket it was, and I responded mine. I got some thanks for quick thinking and the help (I did NOT attempt to move her), for keeping her warm.

As it happened, she was riding her bicycle and a car turning left infront of her left her no choice but to hit the car..she hit the ground (pavement) face first, broke her nose, jaw, and all of her teeth in the front of her mouth.

I did what came naturally, and got a nice thanks from the firemen, police, paramedics, and a Doctor. Other people around said they were "afraid" to help her because they feared getting SUED!

WTF People??! You are afraid to help because you might get sued?? You are nothing but weak willed *** hats..no offense, but come on, you see someone laying in the middle of the road, and you just sit there?

God help me, if I ever get into a bad accident..I truly hope someone like me is around to help.
                            Im the same way, great job thinking on your feet! I dont know why they were like that in NC but i know in the LA area...people ARE like that because they are all SUE HAPPY over there!

Comment

Working...
                            X