No announcement yet.
X

Stoping for people that wave at you to stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mostly get kids signalling me to pull a wheelie .. hahahahaaaaa .. yah right kid. 'course I get the scattered admiring glance from young girls walking along ... gotta love helmets
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

I've had some people try to yell at me about going thru the pkg lot at my job (usually I"m sitting behind some idiot with my clutch open revving so i dont have to put my feet down) so their blabbering at me and I interrupt and say "Are you a cop?' when they inevitably say no, I tell them, in that case shut up
      ----------------------------------
      1992 GSX600f
      1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
        I only stop if it's a cute guy. Seriously.
        Ever seen the Movie "TAKEN"?
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

thanks for all the input, I have to admit most of this has been pretty humorous. but hey lemons and lemonade.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't stop for any jackass waving at me to stop. If it were an emergency situation, I would stop, but to be honest, 98% of the people have access to a cell phone, and can call for help.

Sorry, but I'm not getting jacked by some crack head because I wanted to be nice.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
              Ever seen the Movie "TAKEN"?

Haha I have not, but I know what it's about!! I get a lot of kids telling me to do wheelies too. And it seems like people are more turned off by a sports bike then a cruiser. I think most people assume these riders and younger and thus more reckless.

Comment

That's true, but I know from personal experience where I ride .. it's not just the kids that are idiots .. plenty of adults are like it too, but they have "experience" so that's OK .. pfffft. An idiot is an idiot no matter the age LOL
                2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                Black
                Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                Red
                Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Ever since Macgyver's (member here) had a run in with a crack head, I err on the side of giving the middle finger, grabbin my niznuts, and giving a Michael Jackson "YEE HEEEEE". They tend to think I'm crazy, and forget why they were waving me down in the first place. I think it's the "YEE HEEEE" that does it, really.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

OMFG the look would be priceless!!!
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by acraze View Post
                      " I know how you kids like to ride these things and there are kids always playing"
                      "Wow. Maybe someone should have a talk with these parents that let their kids play in the road."

Comment

Originally posted by sfoster73 View Post
                        "Wow. Maybe someone should have a talk with these parents that let their kids play in the road."
                        +1 Not much I loath more than seeing a kid on his big wheels trike cruising down the street parent no where to be seen. Actually the 3-5 year old playing outside alone just off a busy street in general. I got some free time to roam outside when I was that age but I lived in the sticks. It's a different playing field out there.
                        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Some times when on the 750 2-stroke ,girls just hear my pipes comming from down the street at idle and they run out to the sidewalk and grab the kids hands and drag them in the house with fright on thier face ..o this happens alot

Comment

I arrived at work one morning and was sitting at my desk when a coworker said some old bag was behind my bike writing something down. I rushed out but she was gone. then I get a call from the security office. she had given them my plate number and said i had passed her on a double yellow and run her off the road! she told security she was also turning me in to the police. I marched up to her desk and asked why she did this. she said she saw me turn in to the lot??? I asked which direction she comes from. she said franklin, which is south of our employer. I informed her that I come in from the north, so it couldn't have been me. I told her she needed to retract her accusations immediately, and she said she would. I believe the culprit might have been a guy with a maroon R1 that also works in the building. or the old bat just accused the first bike she saw.

Comment

living in podunk smalltownville i'll stop. All depends on where i am. no way when i was living in Minneapolis. I was on the edge of downtown Mpls late one nite, not a real nice area, at a red light waiting to turn left. Guy hangin outside the door of the bar at the corner hollers at me "Nice Jacket" and starts walkin out into the street twords me. I popped the clutch, ran the red light hanging my left in a hurry. luckily there was no cross traffic at the moment. no way was i gonna stick around for a chat with this guy. I dont care, if i have to stop for a light or whatever, i'm gonna be sitting in gear, and be lookin for my way out outta dodge in a hurry just on general principals.
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Yeah I won't stop unless I know the person or there's an obvious emergency. Just because I look fast doesn't mean I'm going fast...
                                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Working...
                                X