X

My helmet holder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My helmet holder

hey, where do I put the spare helmet on the back of my 96 kat 600?

does the 600 not have the dual holders like the 750s?

you can go to a outdoors store, gun shop or sporting goods stores that have guns, and get a cable shotgun lock. This is what I use as what honda supplied with my bike is retarded.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

^easily opened with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
        ^easily opened with a hammer.
        so is the skull of a person, fuel tank, and a hole in the helmet they can't get.

or a pair of scissors will cut the helmet strap.

if someone is wielding a hammer, there will be some damage no matter if the locks you have guard nuclear missles.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

ummm i really just cant comment on this.

Comment

If your riding, I recomend cargo net over helmet on the back seat.

If your parking, pop the seat, there is a hook on either side for the helmets d-ring that will secure them to the bike.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ive got a cable with a lock on it like that one, its long enough that i can run it through my jacket and the helmet through the visor and lock it to the bike. If someone wants to do that much work to steal your stuff let them.
              My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

I like Matt's idea, hammer seems a bit much, hah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  If your riding, I recomend cargo net over helmet on the back seat.
                  +1

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  If your parking, pop the seat, there is a hook on either side for the helmets d-ring that will secure them to the bike.
                  +2

Nothing further to add except to say the under-seat catch will secure a ratchet-type helmet just as readily.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

this is what is under the pre 750

I have carried 2 extra, 1 on me, one on each side for a short ride. I found that the helmets when hanging off those tabs was right in the back of the knee, couldn't even tell they were there, but they did limit your movement a bit. I only road 170 miles of interstate that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X