No announcement yet.
X

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen a Kat "fall" off the centerstand... but if it slaps on bumps, you need new springs, the old ones are weak. Either that, or your whole exhaust is moving and knocking against the stop on the centerstand.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

fell over at the gas station this past weekend again after filling and walking away.

2rd time now
      keep adding stickers to cover it up until i find the time to re-paint it and install the new larger profile tire.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

First time I almost dropped my Kat was this past weekend. Me and malady just got back from a 2hr ride, pulled in the driveway put the kickstand down (or so I thought),girl hops off. I start to get off & bike try to lay over like its cow. I caught it very quickly, didn't drop it . Had her get back on to see what happend. With the extra weight the side stand wouldn't go all the way forward. It hit the ground just enough to trick me.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post

2rd time now
          keep adding stickers to cover it up until i find the time to re-paint it and install the new larger profile tire.
          haha

I have actually had the bike fall while on the kickstand. I'm not really sure how it happened. I thought I put it down all the way, I get off and a couple seconds later I hear something scraping. I turn to my bike to see it starting to fall over. Tried to catch it but it was too far gone. Good thing it was getting painted that day.

But hey
          Let's go riding!

Comment

I have been riding on the road for over 20 years im 30 something=) and I have never dropped a bike or been down on the street (been down a million times in the dirt) but last weekend I went to get a few bolts from ace and I almost dropped my Kat in the garage when i got back, it was in neutral. I caught it and lucky was able to uprigth it, but damn this bike is heavy, must have been a major adrenaline rush. Now I always leave it in gear and am extra careful when putting it on the side stand only.

I usually use the center stand in my garage now.

PS never had a bike that feels so delicate on the side stand.

Comment

Haven't had issues with mine fallin' off the sidestand.

'Course, mine's been lowered a couple inches, that may help *grin*

Regardless, my typical sidestand application consists of coming to a full stop, slappin' the sidestand all the way forward while the bike is upright, turn the forks all the way to the left, get contact between stand and asphalt, then slip the bike back an inch or two.

I leave mine in neutral (it's pretty much flat here, sue me =P), and I've never once had an issue. Just don't ever park with your front tire downhill, heh.

--B

Comment

i haven't had mine fall but i always give the bike a little tug backwards before i get off. the centerstand is rock solid.

Comment

Working...
                X