X

water wetter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water wetter

Don't fit so much on this forum but I know a lot of us are no longer on kats and maybe the new 650 is water cooled so I'm gonna ask. Has anyone heard of this product? Tried it in their bikes? Heard about it on another forum and lots said it worked great but thought I'd seek the opinion of people I trust a little more before I put it in my bike.

i tryed the redline stuff supercool with waterwetter in it on my rz-350 and in one week i blew a water pump seal ...dont know if it was due to it but know im using auto coolant PEAK by itself ... now i used EngineIce and never had a ploblem

Comment

Watter-wetter does work, and I don't know of any reason for it to cause any problems with water pump seals. I'm thinking Charlie's incident was just a case of bad timing, and the seal would have gone water-wetter or not. Afterall, what year is the RZ, and was the seal ever changed before?
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

DI water + water wetter in the summer will give you all the cooling you'll ever need and then some. Very good stuff. Way better than any coolant mix.

DI water + water wetter is also non corrosive.
        Last edited by ATOMonkey; 06-05-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Water wetter rocks socks.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I used Redline WaterWetter in the race cars with straight water, I could count on a consistant 15* water temp drop as well as a 5-10* oil temp drop.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

What about when it gets cold? Would the WW freeze? I do some riding when the temp is high 30's/low 40's.

Comment

If the temp was going to go below 45 or so, I went back to antifreeze mix.

Yes a straight mix of WaterWetter and water will freeze and make a bloody mess in so many ways.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                X