X

whats a SUZUKI RG-500 WORTH ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a SUZUKI RG-500 WORTH ?

saw this flawless 85 rg-500 yellow bike .. it has a custom titanium frame .its in a musuem on display so its not plated for the street and has about 85-100 hp..... not a sratch on it......the owner said about $15,000 but he might take $10,000 is it worth that much ? and would you drive it as a daily rider or maybe hold on to it for the value.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM.

What you saw is a Suzuki Gamma, four cyl 2 stroke bike, very rare and very fast. Personally I'd ride the **** out of it, very cool bike but not really made for daily riding on the street. More like an investment now. If that bike doesn't come with the original frame I'd pass on it.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Only originals hold value

Only truly original motorcycles will hold any value, to an enthusiast they wouldn't even look at it, but as a ride, i'd have it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy750f View Post
        Only truly original motorcycles will hold any value, to an enthusiast they wouldn't even look at it........
        Not necessarily true, a lot would depend on the bikes history. Having a titanium frame and sitting in a museum currently tells me this bike may have a certain history. If it was ever raced by a famous rider, or was a factory Suzuki team bike, the bikes history and titanium frame could make it worth 10 times more than a factory stock bike to a true collector.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

ta h e double chopsticks with just lookin at a bike. ride that thing! sure you can sit there and look and ooohhh and ahhh until the sun goes down, but if the wheels ain't turnin i guess it does belong in a museum
          thoughts create things

Comment

in 10 years you will look back and be like "god im glad they kept those bikes in museums, all we have now are these hovercycles."

Comment

That thing would be pretty fast with 95hp turning 11.2 in the 1/4. check the rest of it out .....

The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                Not necessarily true, a lot would depend on the bikes history. Having a titanium frame and sitting in a museum currently tells me this bike may have a certain history. If it was ever raced by a famous rider, or was a factory Suzuki team bike, the bikes history and titanium frame could make it worth 10 times more than a factory stock bike to a true collector.
                +1

Comment

Working...
                X