Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New here. I want to replace my rear fender?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here. I want to replace my rear fender?

Hey everybody, just signed up today. My father recently bought for me a Black 2006 Katana 600 as my first bike. I love it to death, but I've been looking into mods to make it a little sportier, so I can quit calling it a sport-touring bike . One of the things I would really like to change is the (bare with me, I don't know the parts) ¿rear fairing?

So I have the Katana-

But I like the aggressive rear seat of the GSX-R/CBR/everything else in the class

And a happy medium would look like this, just removing some of the bulk.

Is this possible? I tried searching the forum but obviously I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Also, I would post pictures of my bike, but it has no personality yet .

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What your looking for would need to be custom made, or modded by taking parts from other bikes to put on yours. All of that would be fairly intensive, and not just a bolt on option.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

eliminating the rear fender will help alot, but as kreylyn said, if you want to go much further it's gonna take serious work. It's your first bike, I wouldn't worry too much about making it look sporty.
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Working...
        X